Chapter 1

It looks like it's going to rain. It's cloudy outside with the sun peeping on the clouds. Nonetheless I have to get ready for work. It's my first day and I cannot make an excuse. I go back to my room as I was standing on the balcony looking at the weather.
God's creation still leaves me in awe till this day.
I hop in the shower. As soon as I am done I dry and moisturize my body. Last night I chose an outfit, black knee cut tight fit dress, white blazer and 4 inch nude with black corset heels. I put on my watch and earrings to compliment my outfit. My hair is just a curly weave. I do a 360 in the mirror and I am good to go.

My new job is to be a personal assistant to Mr Dlomo. He owns a Law Firm based in Sandton. My duties are to make sure that he attends meetings with clients, fetch her daughter from school to his house. This is the part of my job description I don't get because there are school transports. Rolling my eyes.

I also have to draw up his daily schedule, take notes and send emails on his behalf at times, book and arrange accommodation if he needs to travel and a lot of things not forgetting making sure that he eats. Deep sigh.
His company is diverse. Dlomo Holdings & Law Firm. It's based in Pretoria, Durban and Sandton. It's not only dealing with law but also IT, Accounting and Public relations. Well I did my research cause the way this guy has money it raised suspicions.

My phone rings as I am about to take my hand bag and head out. It's my sister. She's my best friend and two years older than me.

"Hey baby" in answer balancing my phone with my shoulder as I lock the door
"Heh are you already at work" she asks pacing up and down.
Lindiwe and dragging her feet inseparable shame.
"No I just left my place" I say unlocking the car.
I am driving a Kia Rio black in colour. I bought two years back when I got my first job as a paralegal.
"Okay get in then so we can pray for your first day" she says.
I hop in my car and tell her we can pray. We start praying that my work environment does not overwhelm me. My sister is the mother I never had. Our mother left us when she was 8 and I was 6. Our dad took over the responsibility. I also have two other siblings, the first born Mbuso and last born Konke. Mbuso is six years older than me. Him and Lindiwe are four years apart and I am four years older than Konke. The Maths my folks did outrageous I tell you.
After our 'Amen' I say my goodbye to her. I drive to work listening to Anthony Hamilton's album. He is the mood elevator. I get to work. Take out my notepad and handbag then in I go.

"Hi Pearl" I greet her and she greets back.
She is the receptionist and very loud. Sometimes I wonder if receptionists are hired according to personality or what cause this is the second company I am working for and Sma had the same personality.

"Are you ready for your day"? She asks with so much enthusiasm

I smile and say "of course"

"Go break a leg girl" she smiles

"Thank you. Where to from here" I ask cause I was never told where I will be based

"My bad, after the elevator second door on your right. You will be sharing the office with Mr D" she says with a smile

Yoh this girl's energy shame I can't.
"Thank you Pearlizana" I say returning the smile
She giggles and say "you are my favorite from now onwards". I smile at her and head to the office. Sigh! I hope Mr Dlomo is not in as yet. I always prefer to be the one to come first at a place than last cause all eyes turn to you.
I take the elevator and turn on my right and walk to the second door, it's open and also there is a tag that shows when he is in a meeting, out of office, see me when and whatsoever so the arrow it's placed on out of office. I walk in. I am confused as to where to sit.
There is a glass separating the office to the other small-anyana office am sure that's going to be mine. I am just standing in the middle of nowhere and the door opens.