[Dragon Verse Pt 1] Phoenix (1/3)

Summary:

Hawks and Dabi's life takes an unexpected turn after their last encounter at the battle with the Paranormal Liberation Front, and before they even realize, their feelings are out in the open, alongside with a small kid with messy white hair and a pair of blue and white wings.

Or, how Hawks and Dabi's life changed after they had their son, Ryu.

*Contains Spoilers of the Manga*

××××××××××××××××ק×××××××××××××××××

Hawks thought his relationship with Dabi ended the night he betrayed them and killed Twice, but apparently, Dabi had other plans. Three weeks after the battle, Hawks was finally released from the hospital and sent home, now with a burn similar to that on the number one's face, and his wings, luckily, had started to grow again, but at an incredibly slow pace.

His friend Miruko, however, wasn't as lucky, having lost an arm in battle. But she didn't let that bring her down, insisting it was a part of being a hero to loose and arm or leg on duty, and promising she'd be back on her job at protecting people as soon as her petition to get an artificial arm was approved, and as soon as she could get used to it.

Knowing her, Hawks knew that meant she'd be back on the streets as a hero in at least 4 months (maybe even less, she was stubborn, and she was already training daily in her own hospital room so she wouldn't have to get back on shape later, much to her doctors horror, who all insisted she shouldn't be moving that much yet).

Hawks walked into his apartment, taking in a breath of relief at the familiarity of the place. But the place wasn't empty, and there sitting on his couch was a very familiar figure. Neither of them were startled at the other's presence, and a heavy silence hung over them.