[Pt 7 Dragon Verse] A (not Really) Spooky Halloween.

Summary:
Kendo finally convinced Ryu to sneak out with him and the rest of the gang to a haunted house on Halloween. Ryu knows from the start this can't end up well. He's most definitely right.

(Or: how Ryu's first time sneaking out on Hawks' Halloween party doesn't goes as planned.)

×××××××××××××××××ק××××××××××××××××

"Ryu, please!" Kendo whined for what felt like the millionth time. Wasn't Mori supposed to be the whiny one?... "It'll be fun!"

"Kendo..." Ryu sighted, finally dropping the assignment he and Kendo were supposed to be doing in order to face his best friend, who was sitting at his desk "I already said no. So just drop it already and help me with this, you know you're supposed to be doing your part of the assignment instead of having me do the whole thing. Now, if you don't stop with this an actually help me, I'm going to fly your rainbow-colored ass all the way to space, understood?"

Kendo cringed at the last part as if Ryu had just physically slapped him. Ryu didn't tend to curse or threaten often, but when he did, he made sure to use creative insults. That was one of the results of having to grow up with Dabi as one of your dads.

"Ryu, come on! Dude, you're almost 17, don't tell me you've never snuck out before."

Ryu sighted and closed his book with a little bit more force that needed and glared at Kendo. Clearly, Kendo was most definitely not going to drop it. And Ryu didn't tend to get annoyed easily too, usually he was all smiles and kindness, but his best friend knew just how to push his buttons.

"No, as a matter of fact I never have."

"No way! Why!?"

"Why? Are you serious, Kendo? One of my dads is known as the fastest hero alive and can sense a fly in the air with his feathers from miles away. He'd know if I ever snuck out."

"Ok, yeah, dumb question... But dude, really, you have to live a little! Even Mori agreed to this!"

Ryu snorted. "Is that supposed to convince me? You and I both know that Mori may be top of the class, but he's..."

"A little fucking gremlin who never passes the opportunity to go on an adventure, I know" Kendo interrupted him "which is why you should just say yes! Are you really okay with Mori, of all people, being more willing to sneak out with me at 3 am at a haunted house on Halloween than you, my best friend?"

"Mori will throw a fit if he heard you implying he's not your best friend too."

"Mori can't tell me shit when he's dating our also supposed best friend and constantly ditches us for him."

"Fair enough."

"POINT IS!" Kendo proceeded "Mori is coming, which means Yurei is coming, which means we only need you to complete us! There's no Dragon Squad without our dragon, Ryu! Then we're only a dramatic gay, a ghost boy, and this hot piece of ass."