[Pt 2 Dragon Verse] Sneaky Is My Middle Name (or Not).

Summary: One would think that Hawks would know when to shut his mouth, but he's too much of a chatterbox for his own damn good.
Or: alternate crack version of how everyone finds out that Hawks and Dabi had a kid.

××××××××××××××ק××××××××××××××××

One would think that, after the Comission ordering you to play double agent often, you'd learn to be subtle. But clearly, Hawks didn't got the memo.

He was all but subtle for something that should have been a secret.

First, it was Tokoyami. He noticed Hawks' sudden break after the battle against the PLF. And that was fine really, the man nearly died and almost lost his wings, so he needed some time off to recover. Tokoyami, however, didn't expected for him to take almost a whole year off.

Then he was finally back, and although he seemed perfectly fine, Tokoyami immediately caught that something seemed to be off. Before, the hero was rarely at his own agency, but now he'd barely step foot in there, and no one ever seemed to be able to reach him or know where he went. Somedays, he'd just lock himself in his office and order not to be disturbed all day. Even weirder, when he did that, sometimes the muffled noise of what sounded like someone crying would come from his office, but no one ever dared go in to see what was that about.

Tokoyami also noticed how he started to look completely exhausted, like he wasn't getting enough sleep. His hair, usually neat and shiny, looked rattled and out of place. He was a mess.

About a year went by of his antics, and Tokoyami finally graduated UA and permanently took a place at Hawks' agency, allowing him to keep a closer eye on the oddities and the mystery that was now Hawks.

Eventually, he resumed being his more put together self. His hair was no longer rattled, and he didn't look as restless now, but there were still days where he would just disappear, and no one would know anything about him for the next two days.

But that wasn't it. Tokoyami knew first hand that Hawks wasn't a fan of kids, but he was a hero, so whenever a kid approached him, he had to smile and play the part. The kinds didn't seem to notice, but Tokoyami did noticed how awkward Hawks was with kids.

Tokoyami had no idea of what happened, but it wasn't like that anymore. Tokoyami had joined Hawks for a patrol when a little girl stopped them. Hawks went about his business, complimenting her red dress and giving her his autograph. The little girl ran off, and Hawks watched her happily skip back to her parents with a fond look that didn't go unnoticed to Tokoyami.