006.

chapter six | SIRIUS BLACK

SLOWLY WALKING DOWN THE HALL, rubi takes a left and is met with lupin's office

SLOWLY WALKING DOWN THE HALL, rubi takes a left and is met with lupin's office. she was going to knock until the door opened widely.

"ah, miss weasley, you came just on time" lupin smiles at her. she walks in seeing harry and lupin standing there with a box.

harry's eyes widen. "rubi" he breathes. she smiles and walks up to them. "hi harry"

"rubi here will be helping you. now the spell we'll be teaching you is called the patronus charm"

"have you ever heard of it?" rubi asks tilting her head to the side a bit. he shakes his head, fumbling with his fingers.

"no? well, a patronus is a kind of positive force and the wizard who conjures one it kinda works like a shield with the dementor feeding on it rather than him" lupin explains.

"but in order for it to work you need to think of a memory, and not just any memory, a very happy and powerful memory" rubi runs a hand through her hair while trying to explain it to harry.

lupin nods folding his hands. "rubi here will give you an example of non-corporeal patronus. its a starter" rubi grabs her wand from her pocket.

"so since rubi's boggart is not a dementor, i have asked the headmaster to bring a real one, he agreed but only allowed to use it when im around, so rubi if you may..."

lupin gestures her to stand in front of the box. nodding she walks in front of the box and sticks her wand out. "harry you might want to move back."

rubi from her peripheral vision, she sees harry back up a bit. "1....2.....3" lupin opens the box to reveal a dementor.

the whole room becoming cold and dark. the candles that are lit start to flick off. immediately rubi's mind goes to seeing every person in her family laughing and smiling.

including percy.

she feels the burst of confidence in her. "expecto patronum!" she yells out. as soon as she yells out those words a shield of light burst out of her wand towards the dementor.

her shield makes it cower back down in to the box and lupin snaps it shut. rubi lets out a puff of air. she runs a hand through her hair breathing heavily.

lupin shoves a hand in to his pocket and pulling out a piece of chocolate and handing it to her. "woah"

they both turn to look at harry. he looked at rubi starstruck. "that was....bloody brilliant" he breathes.