008.

chapter eight | FORSAKEN RAT

EVERYONE'S HEAD snaps towards the door

EVERYONE'S HEAD snaps towards the door. it was snape, he was standing there with a smug smile. "vengeance is sweet, i was hoping to be the one to catch you"

rubi hated snape to the core but at the current moment she was jumping up and down in her head to see him. "severus.." remus tries to explain but snape aims his wand at him.

"i told dumbledore you were trying to let an old friend in to castle and now... here's the proof" he smirks at them in satisfaction.

"brilliant snape, once again you have put your keen and penetrating mind to the task and as usual it has come to the wrong conclusion. now if you'll excuse us me and remus has some unfinished business to attend to." sirius walks slowly towards snape.

but snape quickly puts his wand to sirius neck. "give me a reason, i beg you" he sneers. "now severus dont be a fool" remus tries to calm the situation.

"he cant help it, its a habit by now"

"sirius be quiet!"

"quiet yourself remus!" they banter. rubi looks at all three of them, wondering why they all seem to act like they know each other so well.

"look at you two quarreling like an old married couple." snape's lip twitches. "why dont you go run along and play with your chemistry set."

snape pushes forward making sirius flinch slightly. "i could do it you know, but why deny the dementors, they are so longing to see you."

sirius face falls and he starts backing away. "do i detect a flicker of fear, oh yes, the dementors kiss only one could imagine what that must be like to endure, its expected to be quite unbearable to witness but i'll do my best."

sirius gulps backing in to the piano in the room. "severus please" remus begs, looking terribly ill.

rubi feels a hand slip in to her back pocket making her shiver.

"after you." snape looks at the other four and gestures with his head to leave. rubi was going to walk over to help ron off the floor until harry walks forward with rubi's wand out in front of him,

"expelliarmus" harry shouts. snape goes flying to another part of the room and crashing to the floor.

rubi gasps, looking wide eyed at harry. why was that sorta hot? rubi thinks to herself. what kind of thought was that. she mentally slaps herself for even thinking that.