sixteen.

SIXTEEN.

Sat on the damp grass and overlooking the fields, Cara felt much more at ease with her family around her. Her mum was to her left, Tony to the right whilst Sadie slept in her buggy beside them.

They all had so many questions. Andrea was happy to answer all of them, but truth be told she didn't know much about Sirius. She didn't even realise he was a wizard until Cara was born. Apparently he looked much different when he was younger, but he had still kept all of his unique features. She continued to apologise for not telling Cara the truth, but she didn't care. She didn't care about Sirius, all she cared about was her close knit family sat before her.

Once the topic of her father had been rinsed for all it was worth, attention turned to Cara's schooling. She invited them on a tour around the school as they pecked around her with questions, curious about the whole other side of their daughter that they had no knowledge about.

"What's the best class then?" Tony asked as they strolled down a quiet hallway.

"Defence against the dark arts, by far." Cara told them, leaving out the fact she fancied the teacher. "Our professor is really good, and we get to fire spells at each other."

"Is it like martial arts?" Andrea questioned.

"No, mum. Definitely not." She laughed, causing her parents to join in.

"Got any fit teachers?" Tony tried to wind her up, completely oblivious to the mess his daughter was busy entangling herself in as an extracurricular hobby.

Yes, she most definitely did. He was covered in scars and was worryingly mysterious, yet had the biggest heart and kindest soul. And bloody hell was he a good kisser.

"No, fuck off." She pretended to be disgusted whilst the flashback of Remus nipping at the skin behind her ear as he fucked her so well popped up.

"Any boyfriends?" Her mum probed. "There must be at least one you've got your sights on."

"Mum." Cara whined. "I'm just trying to pass this year. That's it. No boys, no relationships, no distractions."

As they walked down the corridor, the bell to signal class changeovers sounded. Students flooded out of the classrooms around them, and she guided her family away to a more quiet area of the corridor.

"Look — " She pointed to the multicoloured robes in the swarms. "Blue is Ravenclaw, yellow is Hufflepuff and green is Slytherin."

Walking from one class to another, Cedric had managed to catch her eye began heading over to her.

"Hello you." He smiled. "How's the head after Friday?"

"Shut up Diggory." Cara blushed, at both the thought of her actions at the party as well as Cedric's presence. "I was perfectly fine thank you."

"Bloody hell, she's not been vomiting in bushes again has she?" Tony sighed mockingly, reminding her of the last time she was drunk in their presence. Her neighbour had never forgiven her for the destroyed plant.

"Cedric this is my mum and stepdad." Cara introduced them. "Mum, Tone, this is my friend Cedric from the year below."

They shared their greetings before Cedric was called away by the second bell, reminding him next period was about to begin. Cara could already sense her mother's matchmaking skills were about to make an appearance.

"Well isn't he the prettiest lad in the school!" Andrea teased her. "Are you sure on the no boys rule this year?"

"Absolutely certain. No dickhead boys."

As they continued their walk around the grounds, one important fact had slipped Cara's mind. Second period on a Monday was one Remus had free. Unfortunately for him, he had forgotten his spare quill, which was sat on the desk in his living quarters rather than his office. Quickly dashing from one room to the other, he hadn't bargained to come crashing into his favourite seventh year has he jogged around a corner.

"Jesus Remus!" Cara exclaimed as she collided with his chest. Neither of them had noticed her little slip up with words.

"Sorry Cara, stressful morning." He sighed, seeming annoyed with himself. "Oh, hello!"

Remus hadn't noticed Cara's family surrounding her. As his eyes landed on her mother, he almost wanted to say he recognised her, yet didn't trust his memory enough to be so confident. She looked nothing like her daughter, yet he could've sworn he knew her from elsewhere.

"This is Professor Lupin. Defence against the dark arts."

"Oh! Cara was just telling us about how you're her favourite teacher." Tony grinned.

"Was she?" Remus wasn't used to compliments, and he didn't quite know what to do when receiving one. "Well she's something quite extraordinary in class, I'm glad to hear it."

"She was a right little troublemaker when she was younger, so that's encouraging I suppose." Tony added.

Remus tried catching Cara's eye, but she was far too busy examining the walls so that she didn't have to look at him. If she did, she knew she'd blush like mad and spark seventeen thousand questions from her mother. It was easier to avoid his stare and wait until they were alone. It had only been two days, yet she had become quite fond of him making her writhe under his control on the sofa.

"God no, she's a good girl nowadays." Remus concealed his smirk as he watched her melt under his words. "Would it be okay if I borrowed her for a moment actually? I could do with a hand bringing some items back to my classroom."

Her parents nodded happily and left her in Remus's hands, instead finding a bench to perch on as Sadie awoke and demanded feeding.

"So what do you need help with?" Cara asked innocently as he led them away from her family's eye line.

"Nothing, just wanted a kiss." He quickly snapped his head around to check no one was nearby, and brought her face close hastily.

Cara relaxed under his touch and found her hands gripping onto his wrists as he cupped both her cheeks. They had each other completely obsessed with one another, yet neither had realised just how much.

Just as she kissed him harder, the intrusive image of her father screaming in his Azkaban mugshot barged its way into her thoughts, causing her to pull away harshly. This was Sirius's best friend that she was kissing.

"I need to go." Cara declared, her voice trembling.

"Darling — " Remus tried to speak hushed, but was shut down by Cara's sudden repulsion at being around him.

She snatched herself out of his grasp and turned on her heel, sprinting down the hall away from him. He noticed the welling of her eyes, and instantly began to worry about her.

He was beginning to fall in love with her.

a/n: poor girlie x