twenty nine.

TWENTY NINE.

"Hurry up!" Cara bellowed as she pulled Stassie by the arm. "I need help! Ideas! Anything!"

Leaving things until the last minute was Cara's only personality trait, and Remus's birthday present was no exception. It was only one day away, and so an emergency Hogsmeade trip was required.

"Careful woman! You'll pull my arm out of its socket!" Stassie whinged.

Stood in the middle of the high street, Cara took a deep breath as she felt panic begin to bubble in her.

"Right? Why are we here? I could've been asleep still."

"It's Remus's birthday tomorrow and I haven't got him anything." She admitted.

"God woman, you'd forget your bloody limbs if they weren't attached to your body." Stassie's eyes rolled to the back of her head, before she threw her arm around Cara's shoulder. "Let's start simple. What does he like?"

Chocolate, cigarettes and sex were the only things her brain could offer. Chocolate was easily sourced, so was sex to a certain extent, but she would surely struggle with the latter.

"Alright, what doesn't he like?" Stassie snorted at her friend's poor attempt at thinking.

"His fourth year class."

"Wow, it's almost like you don't really know him!" She teased.

"I'm leaving." Cara went to turn but was held back by her waist.

"Stay. I'm here to help." Stassie attempted to abandon her comedic personality for a moment, but failed. "How about some red lingerie and you on his desk?"

"Done that already."

"Jesus christ."

With a loud laugh, the girls linked arms and headed down the long street of shops and eateries. They quickly ruled out the sporting shop, as well as the music and herbology shops. In their eyeline appeared Honeydukes, and Cara soon found herself being ushered in by Stassie.

The small bell above the door jingled and her senses her quickly attacked on all fronts by the shop's sweet scent. It was fairly quiet for a weekend, so Stassie emerged herself in the endless shelves of confectionary.

Spotting a box of the infamous jellybeans, Cara swiped one for her father, remembering his fancy for them the other day. On the shelf below, a display of chocolate bars caught her eye. She picked up the box of chocolate cauldrons, knowing Remus would appreciate them for having firewhiskey in as his two favourite things were combined.

"Cara, get over here!" Stassie called from the other side of the shop.

Balancing her items precariously in her hand, she ran over to her friend, who was now stood with the shop's owner Ambrosius.

"This is her." Stassie addressed Ambrosius, who appeared to be a rather random acquaintance of hers. Perhaps all the years of confectionary addiction had led to the two forming a bond. "She's desperate."

"Don't worry dear!" The portly man reassured her. "I've got a new range of gifts about to be ready for shop sale, but I'm sure I could let you have a peruse early."

Ambrosius led them to the storage area behind the tills, where sure enough there were boxes of sweets packed away.

"I'll be out front, when you're ready just come through to pay."

The girls thanked him sweetly as he left them to it. It was a wonderland of sugar in the boxes, and individually they began to plow through them all. Nothing particularly caught Cara's eye, and in fact it was Stassie who found the perfect present.