prologue

~ third person pov ~

(name) decided to go for a walk to clear their mind, "i'm heading out!" they called to their mother, "stay safe, honey!" she yelled back to her child, (name) laughed, "when am i not safe?" they mumbled to themselves once they shut the door.

(name) hummed a melody as they walked down the road to the village, once they got there they saw their old friend gon, a smile formed on their face and they ran up to the green-haired boy, "gon! it's been awhile." (name) called as they waved at the boy who grinned, "(name), i haven't seen you in, like, months!" he said and (name) laughed while nodding, "i know, i know. i've just been a bit busy." they explained and gon nodded.

"gon, who is that?" a voice asked from behind gon, the two stopped talking and turned to see a blonde boy with a white-haired boy and a guy with glasses, gon's smile grew as he pointed to (name), "this is my old friend, (name)! we grew up here together." he explained and (name) nodded before smiling, "it's nice to meet you all!" they said with a wave.

"i'm kurapika, it's nice to meet you too." the blonde boy from before said before looking to the white-haired boy to his left, "i'm killua." the boy said before putting his hands in his pockets, "and i'm leorio! nice to meet ya." the guy with glasses said and (name) smiled at them all.

"hey, (name) why don't you walk around with us? that way we can catch up!" gon offered with a smile and (name) instantly accepted, "sure! hopefully my mom won't mind." they said while laughing slightly and rubbing the back of their head, gon's smile grew as he turned to his friends, "(name) will be joining our little tour, so they'll be helping me show you guys around." gon explained with a thumbs up.

the trio nodded before kurapika smiled, "i'm glad you're joining us, (name)." he said politely and (name) smiled at him, "thanks, kurapika!" they said and the blonde boy nodded before the group walked off.

----

had to rewrite this whole book bc it sucked ass