chapter six

the (h/c)-haired person sighed as they walked outside, the cold air quickly surrounded them and made them shiver slightly

the (h/c)-haired person sighed as they walked outside, the cold air quickly surrounded them and made them shiver slightly. overtime they got used to the coldness so they sat down on the grass.

(name) smiled as they looked up at the starry sky and listened to all the crickets and other nighttime sounds. there was a slight breeze so they heard tree beaches swaying.

(name) loved the nighttime, the cool air that lingers, the stars that are bright but not very noticeable, the clouds that would sometimes show, its all very comforting for them.

it makes all their worries just disappear and they loved it, they started humming a song to themselves, barely above a whisper as another breeze came through, causing their hair and the grass to flow with it.

hearing footsteps they immediately stopped and turned towards the sound, killua was standing there holding their jacket and smiling, (name) gave him a small wave and smile—which he returned—as (name) looked back towards the night sky.

"aren't you cold?" they shrugged before responding "i guess i got used to it, i do want my jacket though." rolling his eyes playfully the boy handed (name) the jacket, "here take it."

"thanks, kil." (name) said with a smile before putting the jacket on.

the two sat in a comfortable silence for a little until killua broke it, "why don't we get to know each other more?" they were both still looking at the sky, "yeah, i would like that." (name) responded with a smile.

"hm, what's your favorite animal?" killua asked his friend and (name) hummed before replying, "definitely (f/a)!" they answered and killua chuckled slightly, "that's interesting, mine would either be a cat or a panther."

(name) hummed again, "why between those two?" they asked curiously before looking at killua, he looked back at them.

"well, cat's are just really cute but i like how stealthy, i guess, panther's are. it's like they can just blend in or something, it's cool to me" killua explained and a smile grew on (name)'s face, "that's really cool, kil." they said and killua blushed slightly.

killua laughed before moving on, "what's your favorite food?" he asked and (name) instantly thought of it, "(f/f), what about you?" they answered before returning the question.

killua looked like he was thinking really hard, "honestly i don't know, maybe chocolate or anything sweet." he answered and (name) laughed before nodding, "i noticed you liked sweets a lot." they said and killua rubbed the back of his head while laughing nervously.

(name) laughed before making eye contact again, "this is gonna be so cheesy but, your eyes are really pretty." they said while smiling and killua blushed before smirking, "aw who knew (name) could be so cheesy." he teased and (name) blushed slightly before hitting his arm.

the (h/c)-haired friend pouted and looked away from him while crossing their arms, "i take it back." they said and killua laughed, eventually (name) laughed with him.

(name) laid down on their back and looked up at the stars again, killua decided to lay back too. "i was just teasing earlier, thanks for the compliment though." he said, breaking the silence, (name) laughed slightly, "anytime."

killua chuckled before starting to play with some grass that was beside him. he sighed before deciding to speak up, "you know, your eyes are pretty too." killua said, returning the compliment.

(i'm sure your eyes rly are beautiful, all of you <3)

(name) smiled at him, "thank you, kil." they said before copying him and playing with grass.  "sooo, why'd you decide to come out here?" they asked him, "well, i couldn't sleep so i went to get some water but then i saw you and decided i'd bring you a jacket." he explained while looking back at his friend.

(name) smiled at him again, "well, thanks for that then." they said and killua waved his hand, "don't worry about it, (n/n)." he said and (name) laughed causing killua to laugh too.

"you know.. i'm glad we became friends." they just so happened to say that at the same time, causing them to laugh together again. "jinx! you owe me a soda." (name) said with a childish grin as they sat up, killua pouted while he sat up too, "that's not how it works, cheater."

(name) waved their pointer finger back and forth, "no need to be a sore loser, my friend." they said and killua rolled his eyes playfully, "no soda for you, my friend." he mocked and (name) held a hand to their chest with an offended look on their face.

"oh so that's how you're gonna play it?" (name) said before smiling evilly, killua's pout turned into a worrier look as (name) started chasing him around the yard. eventually, (name) caught up to him and tackled him to the ground.

(name) laughed in an 'evil' way, killua laughed at their try at an evil laugh before (name) started tickling him. "n-no stop! i surrender!" killua said as his sides began to hurt

(name) smiled in a triumphant way before getting up, "ha! i win." they said in a proud voice and poking their chest with their thumb.

"fine fine, i'll get you a soda." killua said, finally giving in and (name) laughed at his sulky mood. "c'mon let's go back inside before the others notice." (name) said while holding their hand out.

killua grabbed their hand and let himself be dragged to the house, the two laughed when they noticed everyone still asleep on the couch.

"i wonder how late it is.." (name) whispered and killua shrugged before getting his phone out of his pocket. when he saw the time his eyes widened, "it's four in the morning!" he whisper-yelled back and (name) gasped.

"oh my god, im going to my room before my mom kills me. you should sleep too, goodnight!" (name) quickly whispered before running off upstairs.

killua stood where his friend just ran off trying to process what they whispered, when he finally did he nodded before walking over to the others and falling asleep quickly.

----

this chapter is kinda long lol