chapter eight

(name) stretched before yawning, they got woken up by voices downstairs

(name) stretched before yawning, they got woken up by voices downstairs. they quickly put on a hoodie and shorts before walking downstairs, "guys why are you all so loud?" (name) asked before yawning again.

"well.. we were going to make breakfast but your mom caught us and now she's cooking." gon explained and (name) was about to nod when leorio spoke up, "also, we kind of burnt the food we were trying to cook." he added and the other three glared at him.

(name) laughed when leorio told them, "i'm not surprised, no offense but you guys don't seem like the cooking type." they said and the others laughed, "let's go eat then we can go on our next stop!" gon said as lisa called them in for breakfast.

"so, how has your little vacation been?" lisa asked as she placed food on everyone's plates. the group smiled at her, "it's been good, thank you ma'am." kurapika said and lisa laughed, "well you sure have good manners, anytime kid." she said while ruffling kurapikas hair.

(name) laughed at his facial expression before eating their own food, "i think i'm more excited for today than i was the other days." (name) admitted and killua tilted his head slightly. "why? is there something special today?" he asked and (name) shrugged with a smile, "you'll see!" they said.

----

after everyone got ready the group stood at (name)'s door waiting to leave, "so, for today we will be going to a small movie theater on whale island." gon said with a smile and (name) nodded with a smile.

"but we already had a movie night." killua said while scratching his cheek a few times with his pointer finger, (name) shook their head, "yeah, but that was at my house, we're going to a real movie theater this time!" they said and kurapika laughed, "i think it's a good idea, we are the guests here after all." he said and leorio nodded, "he's right."

(name) smiled and opened the door so they could hold the door open for their friends, they each thanked their (h/c)-haired friend as they walked out the door.

"so, which movie are we watching?" kurapika asked as they walked down the driveway, "well, we all get to pick separate movies since we have different likes!" (name) answered with a happy smile and the blonde boy nodded.

after they finally reached the movie theater they decided to pick their movies out now, "i'm going to watch this movie." (name) stated as they pointed at the only horror movie on the selection, killua grinned, "i'll join you, i love horror movies."

(name) laughed, "i'm pretty sure you mentioned that before." they said and killua laughed too while rubbing the back of his head, "i probably did." he admitted and the others picked out the movie they were gonna watch.

the group walked up to the snack booth to get their popcorn and whatever else they needed. after that everyone went to the movie they picked, "i'm so excited!" (name) said to killua and the boy laughed, "i am too, honestly."

----

after the movie the two friends stared at the ending credits with shocked faces, "that's how it ended?" they both whispered at the same time before mumbling to themselves and leaving after throwing their trash away.

when they got outside of the room their movie was playing in they saw their friends so they walked up to them, "how was your movie?" kurapika asked, causing (name) and killua to sigh.

"that bad?" leorio asked and the two shook their heads, "the movie itself wasn't bad but the ending was." (name) explained and killua nodded to what they said, "how was your movie?" he returned the question.

kurapika hummed, "it was good, it was an action movie so it was pretty entertaining." he answered with a smile and the two nodded, "that's good!" (name) said before looking around, "where's gon?"

"i was wondering why it was so quiet.." killua said in a half joking voice, (name) chuckled before starting to look around for their green-haired friend. when they found him he was outside sitting on a bench.

(name) walked up to him and sat beside him slowly before softly tapping his shoulder, gon jumped slightly before looking at (name). "something wrong, gon?" they asked softly and gon sniffled, "my movie was so sad!!! why did the dog have to die??" he asked as a hell of a lot of tears came from his eyes.

(name) looked surprised at the amount of tears flying out, "hey, it's ok gon." they tried comforting him but he just cried more. "i bet that dog is very happy now!" (name) tried again and gon stopped crying rivers while sniffling, "r-really?"

(name) smiled and nodded, "yeah! plus, the movie is fictional so the dog is actually still alive." they said and gon laughed, "i know that! movies like that just make me emotional." he explained and (name) nodded, "that's normal, just don't cry a whole ocean." they joked and gon laughed again.

----