chapter five

~ third person pov ~

(name) was doing a supplies check for the movie night, "popcorn check, cookies check, pillows and blankets check, movie check." they mumbled before smiling, "ok, movie time everyone!" the (h/c)-haired friend said to their friends who all smiled after that.

"so, what movie are we watching?" leorio asked and (name) smirked, "we're watching insidious two!" they answered and killua brightened at the sound of a horror movie, "a horror movie? i love horror movies!" he said and (name) laughed, "me too! but anyways, everyone get comfortable so i can get everything ready." they instructed and the others nodded.

after all the preparations were done (name) finally gave everyone the cookies, popcorn, and drinks they wanted. "ok! we're finally ready." (name) said with a sigh of relief before turning the movie on. killua smiled, "i'm so excited!" he said and (name) nodded in agreement while gon smiled with them, "i am too!" he said. leorio hid behind kurapika slightly, "i'm not!" he said in a scared voice.

the kids turned to leorio, "are you seriously that scared?" killua asked with an eyebrow raised and (name) hummed in disappointment, "i expected more from you." they continued and gon just shook his head. leorio straightened himself and cleared his throat, "i-i was just.. joking! yes, joking." he said while straightening his clothes.

the kids laughed and kurapika just chuckled before focusing on the movie, "guys, be quiet the movie's starting." he said and the others instantly snapped their attention to the movie, (name) and killua grabbed popcorn at the same time and their hands brushed against each other.

(name) didn't pay attention to it but killua drew his hand back like he was hurt while blushing, the (h/c) person he was sitting next to looked at him, "you ok?" (name) whispered and killua quickly nodded, "y-yeah i'm fine." he said and (name) nodded with a smile before turning back to the movie.

killua sighed in relief as quiet as he could before grabbing some popcorn and watching the movie, him and (name) laughed when they heard leorio make a slightly scared noise. when the first jump scare came leorio almost jumped out of his seat, the others laughed and leorio blushed in embarrassment while complaining under his breath.

----

(name) stretched with a smile after the movie finished, "that was a good movie!" they said and killua nodded in agreement with a smile on his face, "it really was!" he agreed. leorio looked pale, "i'm not gonna be able to sleep for weeks or months.." he said with a gloomy face, kurapika chuckled, "you pick the next movie then." he said and leorio's mood brightened.

"i present to you all.. the best movie ever created." leorio claimed as he selected the movie, "did you.." killua started, "just pick.." gon continued, "the movie.." (name) continued too, "shrek?" killua finished and leorio nodded proudly, "sure did."

"ya know what? i actually love this movie." (name) said with a smile and killua raised an eyebrow, "sure you do.." he said, not believing them, gon put a finger over his lips trying to silence killua. (name) gestured for killua to lean towards them, "i'm trying to make leorio feel better, idiot." they said and killua nodded, "oohhh."

(name) and gon nodded and killua smiled nervously while rubbing the back of his head, "the movie's starting you three." kurapika informed and the three turned towards the tv.

----

just realized kurapika is like barely in the story and this is gonna be so short, i'm sorry lmao 😭