03

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

𝐅𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐁 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐌𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐒, 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐄, 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐓. That overwhelming discovery brought new struggle to Jacob Black's once simple life.

He wasn't able to talk to Bella now that he was a shifter werewolf. It isn't safe for her, he rationalized, She shouldn't be exposed to me right now. I don't want to hurt her. His vehement rejection of her love for Edward still pulled at his mind. He couldn't let her be with such a monster. A vampire, a bloodsucker, there were so many names for him to call the Cullens and other vampires.

Bella did not know the reason why Jacob Black was ignoring her, and now she had a stupid sister to drag along with her. Would the russet-skinned boy question this new twin of hers? She hadn't managed to mention her, rather preoccupied with her own sadness and the motorcycle she and he were fixing.

Andromeda had no idea the kind of trouble Bella would bring with her, just like she did not know that her sister was starting to unravel her secret life. First questions about the skin and then about her skin's frightening chill. The princess did not answer any of them honestly, still praying that Bella Swan did not understand the nature of her condition. She had health issues her whole life, but vampirism was a whole new world filled with violence and soulmates, covens and war.

The two girls dragged their feet all the way to the reservation. Andromeda, both done with her sister's grip on that pale wrist of hers and walking at a human pace, hummed. This caught the mortal girl off guard. If she was deaf, why did she hum?

One simple unspoken answer: vibrations.

"We should be here soon," Andromeda was unable to see her sister's face, but felt the change in her body's natural vibrations. It was still not enough to be able to comprehend her sister, who could not get it through her thick skull that Andromeda Volturi is a deaf girl. "Jake!"

Jacob Black had come back from a run all but three minutes prior, heart beating at the speed of light. Hands shaky with anxiety as he saw Bella, his childhood crush who his heart longed for.

Whisking his eyes to the very human girl, Jacob found himself sniffing the air. The most intoxicating scent filled his nose, pulling those dark chocolate brown eyes to the right, where he saw her.