06

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐈 𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭. 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫. 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐰!

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀'𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐒𝐎𝐁 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐁'𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐀𝐂𝐈𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐔𝐆𝐀𝐑. Sharp, toxic, and deadly like verbal poison running on his tanned skin. The clear tear that plastered itself into the human girl's face made Jacob's blood run cold.

While Bella was perhaps Jacob's oldest friend, she had no hold over his relationship with Andromeda. Bright, smiling, and gorgeous, the shifter's wolf drew no boundaries between Andromeda and himself. His whole heart belonged to her, and Jacob hoped he would have her's with time. No Bella Swan could take that away from him, even if it meant cutting off an old friend.

"What?" Bella deadpanned, mentally tugging at her hair. She couldn't wrap her head around this blatant rejection of her input. Bella had become accustomed to her control over Jacob. "You can't just get with my sister after having a crush on me for years! What happened to hating vampires, hating him? I'm your friend and you should listen to me, not her!"

Bella words spit fire on the teenager. Who does she think she is? Jacob thought to himself, Why can't I be happy? Why can't she be happy that her sister has someone to keep her safe, to be with? Right, you're supposed to be my friend, which means caring about me more than you seem to hate her!

"What I did was wrong, I know that now, but this, this is not okay." Jacob was willing to defend Andromeda until his dying breath. Nearly breathless with anger he seethed, "You've changed, Bells. You're turning into━"

She cut him off with fury, "DON'T YOU DARE SAY HIS NAME!"

Jacob drew back his emotions, holding back resentment in turn for a pitiful glare. Unwilling to change, creating habits that the shifter couldn't accept into his prolonged youth. Bitter cold washed over him as Bella shook her head solemnly, covering up the wrath she'd unleashed on the younger teen.

Toxic was the word that unravelled the relationship between him and Bella. As it clicked, his loving heart recoiled. Forgiving, caring, and most importantly a connector, Jacob felt more displaced than he'd ever felt. The death of his mother was easier to handle than this. There was no manipulation involved in the death of a parent, but the passing of friendship stung. What was once a shining yellow bond turned muddy and rancid, broken and morbid. Only Marcus could see their splintered friendship, but Jacob could feel it in his soul.

"I can't believe you." The wolf shook his head before brushing a hand against Andromeda's cold cheek. She turned her chin up to see her mate, who she noted carried a somber look. Jacob continued, "This isn't okay. I'm not someone to run to when you don't have anyone left to talk to. I've been there for you for months while you've been depressed. The second that I find someone you reject the idea. Possessiveness doesn't look cute on you."

The Swan girl felt scorched, heart shattered to the core. Her best friend was calling her out on something. She was the one to try to get through to him, not the other way around. To her, Andromeda was toxic, haughty, and selfish. Her bandwidth ended at her intolerance, never giving her sister a chance.

Jacob finally snapped, "Andromeda is my girlfriend now, Bells, deal with it. Imprinting means binding for life, being there for someone through thick and thin. I'll defend whatever Andromeda does 'till the day I die, back every decision of hers."

"I'd expect nothing less," Windy quipped.

"Can we leave now?" Andromeda asked, not quite grasping the entire conversation. "This shouldn't go down as a fight because I know you'll win."

"You'll win, Dromeda. I'm on your side," Jacob said with Bella still visibly upset with him. In the moment, the shifter cared for nobody but his bondmate, his soul purpose seemingly being her protector, her partner. Andromeda's being fueled his existence. "You still need to meet the pack. Formally."

The Volturi princess smiled, standing up. Bella shifted backwards, nearly bumping her head on the door.

"Jacob, can you translate for me?" Jacob nodded, getting ready to translate whatever she was about to say to her mean sister. "I don't know what I've done, but whatever it was it certainly isn't bad enough to warrant such disrespect and disdain. My Mama and Papa made sure I became a respectful lady. I know you were raised by our biological mother and not our father, so I shall place the blame on her parenting, which has failed you. I believe that the fates have cursed you into false-confidence, covering up crippling insecurity. Said insecurity that used to be pushed upon yourself turned into vitriol towards your only sibling is both depressing and utterly pathetic. Shame on you, shame on your name, shame on your humanity, and may the Gods damn your soul."

Left mentally whipped by Andromeda's words, it took Jacob's full control to keep his jaw from dropping down to the floor. She pierced with every sentence, breaking whatever facades Bella used. The vampire knew insecurity but stooping this low was unheard of for the auburn-haired girl. There's nobody in this world who could critique with such fire and cunning, but this side of the Volturi princess rarely shone through, hidden deep within her passionate soul.

Two sisters with different lives now stood face to face. Andromeda knew her strength. She could win if it came to a fight. Alas, she wouldn't fight with her father home. Charlie Swan wanted his daughters to get along, but that wasn't happening anytime soon.

Bella didn't respond, simply storming out of the clean bedroom for her own.

Windy choked out a laugh at the human girl's behavior. Who would go for that? Is abusive, manipulative bitch sexy nowadays? Windy thought, patting her friend on the back. The much older vampire knew that this wasn't the last she'd see of Bella Swan, but she hoped that she wouldn't have to shred her during their stay in Forks.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•