𝟏 ⋆ 𝐖𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐔𝐩 ⋆

🎶

🎶

On the porch of my best friend's house, I take my AirPods out and pick my skate board up before ringing the doorbell. The door in front of me opens and her father smiles widely at me.

"Cariño, I'm surprised you didn't just waltz in"

"Hey tio" I chuckle "Are the girls home already?"

"I haven't seen Alexa but Julie's in the studio"

I'm taken aback by that but I don't let Ray see it. Thanking him, I quickly make my way through the drive way to where the studio was.
My sister and I had met Julie a few days after her mother passed away so I knew how much the whole family dreaded coming into the studio.
I knock on the doors, before pushing them open and looking around. Julie stands bewildered in the middle of the room with three boys behind her, staring at me.

"Oh" I furrow my eyebrows "I didn't know you had company"

"Wait" The taller, blond guy speaks up, taking a small step forward "You can see us?"

"Last I checked, I wasn't blind" The four of them stare dumbfounded at me as I take a seat on the couch, throwing my bag and skate to the side "I can pretend I didn't though if Ray doesn't know"

"Hey! I'm—" Alexa runs through the door "What's going on?"

"Girls" Julie calls and I focus on her "These are Alex, Luke and Reggie, they're in a band called Sunset Swerve—"

"Sunset Curve" The three boys corrected

I furrow my eyebrows once again "I've heard that name before"

"Really?" Julie steps closer to me and I nod, raking my brain for the reason I knew that name "Your mom?"

"Yes!" I snap my fingers, looking at Alexa "Remember her and Kevin telling us about the band that died due to food poisoning?"

"Oh yeah" Alexa nods eagerly "But if I remember correctly that was in '95, right?"

"They were always talking about that" I shrug, leaning back on the couch "They ate some bad hot dogs"

"Of course that's how we're remembered" Luke, if I got it right, mumbled

"Yeah, that'd be them" Julie gestured towards the three boys and I raise my eyebrow "I'm being serious and I don't know why this is happening but it is"

"So you're saying these three are ghosts?" Julie nods and I throw my arms in the arm, cursing under my breath "Great, just what I needed in my life"

"How did this happen?" Alexa speaks up, taking a seat on the other end of the couch

"I just played their CD earlier and they literary fell out of the sky" Julie shrugs

Alex sighs "We only remember being in a black room for what we thought was like an hour but really it was twenty five years and all of a sudden we're back here with Julie"