𝟓 ⋆ 𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐏𝐢𝐧 ⋆

🎶

🎶

I sit on the roof, watching the sunset as I hear the band play in the studio.

"Elly?"

Luke sits down next to me, his eyes scanning the sky before landing on me.

"Shouldn't you be rehearsing?"

He shrugs "Alex told me you come here a lot so I came to check on you"

"I'm good" I gaze at the sky, watching as it turns slightly pink

"You know you can talk to me"

"It's my Mom's birthday" I look back at him "I can't bring myself to go see her"

"I can go with you" He offers "Only if you feel comfortable, I don't wanna push the limits and then—"

"You'd do that?"

"Of course" Luke's soft smile made me feel better "I'd do anything"

I nod, grasping his hand in mine and vanishing to the cemetery. As I lead us to the far back, his hand doesn't leave mine and I feel him squeeze it from time to time. I kneel in front of the grave, Luke following my lead.

Debra Mercer Lewis
Best mother, daughter and friend
18/4/1957 - 2/11/1996

My brother, sister and I's grave next to it.

Bryan Mercer Lewis
Loving protector of Ellery and Alexa
Oldest son of Debra and Caleb
25/4/1975 - 30/2/1994

Ellery Mercer Lewis
Adoring daughter, sister and friend
24/5/1979 - 2/11/1996

Alexa Mercer Lewis
Youngest daughter of Debra and Caleb
Beloved sister and friend
7/7/1980 - 2/11/1996

"You had a brother?"

"Yeah" I simply nod

"You're a beautiful family" I turn to look at him, he's focused on the picture of my mother "You look a lot like her"

"Thank you"

Truth be told, I loved hearing those words, I knew the only thing that told us apart was our eye color which I had gotten from my father but I was proud to be like my mother even if that was one of the main reasons my father despised me, for reminding him of her.

"I remember you saying she loved our band, she was a cool mom huh?"

"Yeah, Bryan's friend showed you to her though" I nod, smiling before focusing back on the grave in front of us "Happy birthday Momma"