𝟏𝟎 ⋆ 𝐄𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 ⋆

🎶

🎶

A few days later, before school, Julie, Alexa and I are halfway down the stairs when Ray's voice reaches our ears as he sings 'Finally Free' in the kitchen.
Turning the corner, we see Reggie is next to him, singing along.

"This is new" Julie smiles, we both take a seat at the island

"Yeah, I was in a mood for some breakfast"

"He thought you were talking to him" Reggie chuckles "Me and your dad are pals now. It's a little one-sided but it works"

The girls and I lean on the island, listening.

"Look after the talk we had the other night, I was thinking I may have cost you an opportunity with that manager so I was thinking—"

"Dad, no" Julie shakes her head "I should've never snuck out"

"Let the man speak" Reggie butts in, gesturing around Ray's stomach "He's been stress eating all week, I don't know where he puts it though. It's all firm"

"I know but I really wanna support the band so I called in some favors and booked you a local gig"

My eyebrows raise almost immediately in surprise and excitement.

"Best dad ever! What?" Reggie smiles

"Oh my Gosh! Where? Did you call your buddy from Drake's?"

"Not quite" Ray gives us a smile "I called Flynn and she's gonna help us throw a party here tonight, I'm sure you two can help"

I look at him "Yeah of course"

"Oh so you booked us a gig at our house?"

"Maybe I was a little early with the 'Best dad ever'"

"Alright, hear me out" Ray pleads "You invite some of your friends over, you play with your band and I'll get some of my colleagues to put you on film. So you have something professional for your Youtube"

"That's actually a great idea, tio" Alexa smiles widely at the man

"You'd do that for me?" Julie smiles too

"Yeah!"

"Back to best dad ever" Reggie smiles and steps to the side as Ray walks over to the counter "I'll go tell the guys, have a good day at work Ray! It's cool, you don't have to answer"