Chapter 1

Everyone had their reasons for wanting to kill Bryce Walker. At the end of the night one of them would've followed through. Clay Jensen had been broken by Bryce more than once. Bryce had threaten to ruin Monty's life. Jessica Davis was on fire with the cause, with anger at Bryce. Justin Foley would've done anything for her. Tony would've loved to get into that fight. Tyler felt under attack all over again. And Zach's dreams were destroyed with one hit.

Navy Pier Dock, After The Homecoming Game

Bryce Walker is standing all alone on Navy Pier waiting if Jessica Davis will meet with him. The Liberty Homecoming Game against Hillcrest ended in chaos, just before the 2nd half kicked off Jessica Davis and her group Hands Off Our Bodies ran onto the field and started a protest by stripping off their clothes and Red paint hand prints on their bodies while chanting "Hey, Hey. Ho, Ho. Rape culture has got to go." Police officers came on the field trying to get the group known as H.O. off the field when one of the football players from Hillcrest goes up behind Jessica and groups her breast, that pisses off Jessica's boyfriend & Liberty High football player Justin Foley as he runs on to the field along with all his teammates as both benches clear and a brawl erupts with Jessica right in the middle of it as she grabs a megaphone and starts to address the crowd while her friends Clay Jensen & Alex Standall come down from the crowd and join in on the brawl. During the brawl, Bryce Walker tackled Zach Dempsey targeting his right knee and injuring it. While Bryce Walker was waiting for Jessica Davis, who had asked her to meet when he saw her before the Homecoming Game, Zach Dempsey arrived limping towards Bryce.

Bryce Walker: Zachy! Didn't expect to see you here. What's up, friend?

Zach Dempsey: Fuck You!

Bryce Walker: Or not friend. Walking pretty well there, actually. What happened to your knee?

Zach punches Bryce in the jaw. Bryce spits out blood.

Bryce Walker: What the fuck?

Zach Dempsey: I should fucking kill you.

Bryce Walker: Okay. Look, I deserved that one.

Zach Dempsey: You're going to hell.

Bryce Walker: Well, I'll see you there.

Zach begins to attack Bryce more, Bryce tries to fight back but misses as Zach grabs and brakes his right arm. Zach then trips down Bryce to the ground and continues to punch Bryce in the face over and over again as Bryce begs Zach to stop.

Bryce Walker: Please stop!

Zach Dempsey: You ruined my fucking life!

Bryce continues to spit out blood as Zach has stopped punching Bryce.

Zach Dempsey: Big Man! Scary fucking Bryce.

Bryce Walker: What the fuck?

Zach Dempsey: You took away my future tonight.

Bryce Walker: You took away mine.

Zach Dempsey: No. You did that yourself.

Bryce begins to roar in pain, and then he just had to open his mouth.

Bryce Walker: Did you fuck her, Zach? Chlöe?

Chlöe Rice is Bryce Walker's ex girlfriend. Zach introduced them to each other last year and they hit it off, unfortunately for Chlöe she was invited to The Clubhouse by Bryce where he had her get drunk and high and he raped her while she was passed out and took polaroid pictures of it. During the Hannah Baker trial, Zach Dempsey gave Clay Jensen the polaroids from The Clubhouse. Jessica told Chlöe about it and showed the polaroids to her, she couldn't believe it. She decided to testify against him at the trial but she lied to the jury. One month later, Chlöe Rice is pregnant with Bryce Walker's baby. She didn't tell anyone except for Jessica Davis at the Spring Fling Dance but because of her betrayal she didn't help her, weeks later she told Zach. After giving a lot of thought, she decided to get a abortion and Zach was there for her. After the abortion she broke up with Bryce. Zach & Chlöe would become close friends, before the Homecoming Game they meet in the hallway where Bryce saw them together and saw Chlöe give Zach a kiss on his cheek. After Zach left to go on to the field, Bryce went to talk to Chlöe, she told him about the abortion and that Zach was there for her, that pissed Bryce off and injured Zach on the field on purposed. Zach stopped on his track when Bryce mentioned Chlöe.