Chapter 2

The next morning, Bruce Wayne returned to Barry Walker's office building to sign the papers to complete the acquisition. Both Bruce Wayne & Barry Walker are in a conference room along with Barry's lawyers.

Bruce Wayne: I've looked over at the contracts & papers and everything checks out. All I have to do is add my signature and the Purchase is complete. And you Mr. Walker will be $750,000,000.00 richer.

Barry Walker: Outstanding. And I hope you'll take good care of my people.

Bruce Wayne: And I will.

Bruce Wayne signs the papers and Wayne Enterprises has acquired Barry Walker's company. Both Bruce & Barry shake each other's hand to complete the deal. Suddenly, Bruce Wayne see's 2 police officers & Barry Walker's assistant outside in the hallway as they call for Barry Walker.

Barry Walker's Assistant: Umm, Mr. Walker. There are 2 police officers here to see you.

Every just stood in silence as Barry goes to talk to the police officers. The officers tell Barry that they have found a body at Navy Pier. His ex-wife, Nora Walker, has confirm the identity of the body to be their missing son, Bryce Walker. Barry Walker begins to break down after hearing the news about his now dead son as everyone in the conference look on.

Bruce Wayne: They found his son, didn't they?

Barry Walker's Lawyer: I'm afraid so.

News of Bryce Walker's death has quickly spread through out the town of Evergreen County, especially his old school Liberty where everyone is shocked by the news. Jessica Davis & Alex Standall acted like this is the 1st time hearing about it, Clay Jensen who found out about it when he picked up Ani Achola for school from the Chatham House (where Bryce Walker was living with his mother Nora Walker & his sick grandfather Harrison Chatham, she is living in their guest house with her mother, Amara Josephine Achola, who is Harrison's nurse) told Zach Dempsey & Justin Foley before Principal Bolan made the announcement about Bryce's death, Justin was devastated by the news as he ran out of the gym and into the football field as Clay followed him and check to see if he's ok.

Clay Jensen: Hey. Are you... Are you okay?

Justin Foley: (Crying) No, man. No, I'm not. I'm... I'm fucking sad.

Clay Jensen: You... You are?

Justin Foley: Yeah, I've known him since I was 8. He was the first person that gave a shit about me, the first person to look after me, man. He was my fucking brother.

Clay Jensen: I feel like he didn't look out for you, though.

Justin Foley: Dude, you don't know what you're talking about. Okay, Clay? You don't know everything. You think you have this idea that... You knew what you knew. He was a fucking person, Clay. A human being. Now he's fucking dead.

Clay was conflicted with news. This was the person who raped Hannah Baker, his friend & the girl he was in love with. He also raped Jessica Davis, another friend of his and Justin Foley's ex-girlfriend. Clay hated Bryce ever since he listened to Hannah's tapes and found out what Bryce did to Jessica, Hannah, Chlöe Rice, & who knows how many other girls who went into The Clubhouse, he hated him even more when Bryce testified & lied at Hannah's trial & only got 3 months probation instead of going to jail where he should belong. After Justin Foley told Jessica the truth about Bryce, his life as knew it came to an end. His relationship with Jessica Davis was over. He stole money from his mother's drug dealing boyfriend, Seth Massey, and ran away from Evergreen County. For the next 5 months he was homeless and became addicted to Heroin. During Hannah's trial, Clay knew the Bakers were in trouble after Jessica's failed testament and that they needed Justin to testify abut Bryce to help out the Bakers. Clay & his best friend, Tony Padilla, went out looking for Justin eventually finding him in the streets of Oakland, CA. They brought him back to Evergreen County but couldn't take him back to his place because he stole money from Seth, so Clay took him and sneaked him up to his room. Clay discovered he had Heroin on him and flushed it down the toilet, with the help of Sherri Holland & Tony they tried to detox Justin. Eventually Justin was discovered by Clay's parents, Lainie & Matt Jensen, and took him in, Justin came through and testified against the school & Bryce but the school's lawyer scolded him & his testimony failed. The Bakers lost the lawsuit but Bryce was arrested for sexual assault on Jessica & so was Justin for accessory. A month later they were both triad, Bryce only got 3 months probation basically getting a slap on the wrist while Justin got 6 months. After Justin's trial, the Jensens decided to adopt Justin Foley into their family. A year ago, both Clay & Justin hated each other because of what Hannah said on her tapes, Justin tried to keep everything on tapes on the down low making sure Clay didn't open his mouth about the tapes, he even suggested killing Clay and making it look like a suicide, fast forward 6 months after Hannah's suicide they are now brothers. Clay & Justin have gotten really close since then, everyone involved in Hannah's tape have gotten close except for Marcus Cole who was Reason number 6 & Team Bryce. A year ago Justin, Alex, Jessica, & Zach weren't even friends or hung out with Clay until after Hannah's death, and now they're all close friends. Jessica Davis was elected Student Body President after being encourage by Ani Achola when they met last spring after Bryce's trial promising to put an end to jock culture, she also started a support group called Hands Of Our Bodies (or H.O. for short) declaring war on the boy jocks at Liberty now being lead by Montgomery de la Cruz who is best friends with Bryce Walker. All eyes are on Jessica Davis after the news of Bryce's death was announced, she walked the hallway acting like last Friday night didn't happened as Alex Standall approaches her.