Chapter 10

7 Months Ago: Oakland, CA, Starbucks

It was a nice and sunny day in the city of Oakland, California. Baseball season is getting started and everyone in Oakland were excited for the Oakland A's to start their season, including the people who are getting their drinks at a Starbucks. There was a TV in that café and it was tuned in to the news.

News Reporter: Well, everyone here in Oakland are ready for Oakland A's baseball. Now we now turn our attention to the trial lawsuit between Liberty High School & the Bakers as we have a breaking update. Audio files were uploaded online, apparently these audio files happen to be Hannah Baker's suicide note. In these audio files, she gives 13 reasons why she took her own life and those reasons are the kids who are testifying in the trial. However, there are 14 audio files. The 14th audio file appears to be a recording between 2 people, one of them confesses to sexual assaulting Hannah Baker. The person in question appears to be a Bryce Walker who is reason number 12. The audio files were posted anonymous and no one has claim credit to posted them.

Suddenly a barista calls out a name for their order.

Barista: Talia!

Talia al Ghul: Thank you.

Talia al Ghul grabs her order of a cappuccino and she looks on to the TV and has her attention to the news. Talia takes out her cell phone and goes online to find these audio files that they're talking about in the news and listens to them. After listening to them, Talia goes to a undisclosed location and meets with her father, Ra's al Ghul, The Head of the Demon & the leader of The League of Assassins. Talia plays him Hannah's tapes that she found online and he listens to them all.

Ra's al Ghul: And you believe that this girl would be a great addition to The League of Assassins?

Talia al Ghul: I do, father. We can resurrect her and train her in our ways. She said it herself in one of her tapes that her soul was broken.

Ra's al Ghul: And what if bringing her in is a complete failure?

Talia al Ghul: I'll put her back in her grave myself, father.

Ra's al Ghul: Then you have my permission & blessing to dig her up and bringing her to the pit.

On the night when Clay Jensen goes to the Walker house with a gun in tow, Talia bring along 8 assassins and a hearse with her to dig up the body of Hannah Baker. 4 Assassins begin to cut big rectangle shape around Hannah's grave to carefully remove the top grass so it would look like it wasn't disturbed. 4 Assassins begin to dig up Hannah's casket while the other 4 are keeping a look out for anyone as Talia looks on. They finally reached the casket as they begin to pull it out of the grave. Once they pulled out the coffin Talia opens it up and sees the decayed corpse of Hannah Baker.

Talia al Ghul: It will all be ok, child. No one will indeed hurt you again. Load her up!

4 Assassins load up Hannah's coffin onto the hearse while the other 4 bury the empty grave. They take her corpse to a undisclosed location where Ra's al Ghul is waiting for them in front of the Lazarus Pit.

Ra's a Ghul: Did you bring the girl.

Talia al Ghul: I did father.

4 Assassins enter the Lazarus pit chamber carrying the casket with Hannah Baker's corpse, they gently put the casket down on the floor as Ra's al Ghul goes up to it and opens it to see Hannah's corps.

Ra's al Ghul: Everything well be alright, child. For you shall be reborn.

Ra's al Ghul examines the corpse to see how fragile she is.