Chapter 4

As the police continue to comb the crime scene, Alex Standall takes out his phone and begins to text Zach Dempsey. Meanwhile, Jessica Davis is siting in her bedroom as she stares at the cassette tape Bryce gave her with his blood on it. Tony Padilla is sitting at his father's desk in his family's garage shop as he receives a mysterious call. The police have called Nora Walker, Bryce's mother, and inform her that Bryce's case is now a homicide and she informs Ani Achola & her mother, Amara Josephine, that someone has hurt Bryce before he was killed. The next morning, Clay Jensen sits on the front steps of his house drinking coffee as he receives a text from Ani informing him that the police have declared Bryce's case is now a homicide. Clay goes to the outhouse to inform Justin Foley about the case as he walks in to messy room as Justin is searching for something while talking to Jessica on his phone.

Clay Jensen: Justin, they found Bryce's... What the hell?

Justin Foley: Uh, it's Jess. Jess has just... She lost an earring.

But that was a lie but it didn't matter to Clay, what did matter was that Clay notices Tyler's gun laying on Justin's bed.

Clay Jensen: Justin, what the fuck?

Justin Foley: Uh, Jess. I'll call you back, ok?

Clay Jensen: I thought you got rid of it last night.

Justin grabs the gun and wraps it in one of his jeans and puts it in the drawer.

Justin Foley: First guy didn't work out, okay? I will... I got it.

Clay Jensen: You can't just leave it lying around!

Justin Foley: Just chill. I got it.

Clay Jensen: They found his Range Rover and blood on the ground. They're calling it a homicide.

Justin Foley: Fuck!

Clay Jensen: They found drugs and... fingerprints.

Justin Foley: Drugs? What... What drugs?

Clay Jensen: Ani didn't say, but they found fingerprints that weren't his.

Justin Foley: Okay, well... That's all right, right? It's a car. It's got a ton of fingerprints. He probably drove his Hillcrest friends around.

Clay Jensen: Justin, my prints could be on it.

Justin Foley: Do you kill him?

Clay Jensen: Of course not.

Justin Foley: Then don't worry about it.

Clay Jensen: You don't... You don't want to know why my prints could be on it?

Justin Foley: No, I really don't.

Justin walks out of the outhouse as he prepares to go to school. Meanwhile Bruce Wayne is in his hotel room talking on the phone with his butler Alfred Pennyworth.

Bruce Wayne: And how has Damien been behaving with Dick?

Alfred Pennyworth: Damien hasn't been a problem for Master Dick. Last night they even manage to apprehend The Mad Hatter without any problems.

Bruce Wayne: Really? Without no problem?

Alfred Pennyworth: Oh, yes.

Suddenly, a ding is sounding on Bruce Wayne's phone.

Bruce Wayne: That's Barbara, I have to take it.

Alfred Pennyworth: Very well sir. I shall continue keeping an eye on Master Damien.