𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄, cold shoulder

ANTHEM OF THE ANGELS
act one, chapter three
(alternatively : the death of snilly)
❛i'm not saying that you're lying, but you're leaving out the truth❜
•°•☽•☾•°•

✦ 𝙋ENELOPE ✦
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝙏his is the last letter, it has to be. Penelope was writing another letter, with Remus, James and Peter in front of her. Sirius was plastered beside her, talking loudly about how orange was not his color. Penelope could care less, as she told herself that she absolutely hated these people. (They're dumb, rough and downright idiots. They can't be her friends.) She made a promise to herself that this has to be the absolute last letter to Narcissa, seeing as that the blond girl was ignoring her, though Penelope didn't know why. But then again, it might be because she sold her out to Ada and feels guilty about it, hence her not replying to all the letters. Penelope sighed, setting down her quill. I've got to stop. Remus and James each raised a brow at the Prefect and Penelope rubbed at her eyes, feeling the fatigue settle in.

"—s my first sign of magic. I bloody hated that ugly orange jumper and my mum tried to make me wear it, it disappeared—"

"Do you have a pause button?" Penelope asked the rambling boy. "Or even better, a mute button?"

"The only button I have, is one to increase my volume." Sirius shrugged and Penelope glared at him.

"Talk like you're in a bloody bar and I swear to Merlin I will take seventy points from Gryffindor."

"You can't just do that Penny, there's got to be a good reason why you take points from me, you can't just do it." Sirius argued.

"Annoying me is a pretty good reason to me, so don't bloody try me—"

"Hey Penny, haven't seen you all day." Elora sunk in beside Peter, resulting in the boy blushing a bright red. It was no secret Peter had a humongous crush on Elora, and that she absolutely didn't feel the same, not even one bit. It was kind of sad but Penelope could care less about Peter's feelings. He's not her friend and never will be.

Penelope only hummed in response, jamming a lemon infused tart into her mouth, hoping Elora got the message and just shuts up. Some might think it was completely dumb and childish of Penelope, but Elora was one of the people she trusted the most. Shows how trust can be a deadly ordeal.

(Maybe her mother had been right about friends after all. All they do is stab you numerous times in the back and just leave.)

"Did you have a talk with Sev?" Elora asked and Penelope shrugged. "Because he—um—did this to me because he was angry and—"

"What did he do?" Remus asked in a caring voice. Penelope wasn't in the mood to talk to Elora, but she needed to know what Severus did. Elora raised her hand and the first thing Penelope noticed was the titanium white bandage around her wrist.

"Is that broken Snape?" James asked, furrowing his brow. Penelope knew James, there was no concern behind his voice. He just didn't care and he didn't consider her as a friend. Not that Penelope cared.

"My wrist is sprained but my thumb is broken." Elora sighed. "He said he needed a test subject to test out his new spell and I agreed, because he's talking to me rather than ignoring me. That's when he told me that someone spoke to him about the thing and next thing I knew, I was cradling a painful hand."