𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, anthem of the angels in hell

ANTHEM OF THE ANGELS
act two, chapter fifteen
❛see, i was born the second child with a spirit running wild, running free and they saw trouble in my eyes, they were quick to recognize the devil in me❜
•°•☽•☾•°•

✦ 𝙋ENELOPE ✦
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝙏he last feast at Hogwarts was something Penelope wanted to stay engraved in her mind forever, she wanted to look back and let a smile befall her lips whenever she thought of it. Which is exactly why she first began the feast sitting with Severus and his friends, where they actually had a good laugh and Penelope had even managed to make Severus dance with her. She went to the Hufflepuff table next to pick Elora and Peter up, and Ravenclaw table to pick Xenopholius up and they all plopped down at the Gryffindor table, excitedly talking about their futures and singing muggle songs courtesy of Lily. But of course, everything had to come to an end.

That's how Penelope found herself with the Mauraders, Lily, Elora and Xenopholius perched atop the Astronomy Tower, looking at the stars and at the grounds below. Penelope had pulled Sirius over to her side, pointing towards the stars he and his brother had been named after and for a second, Penelope thought Sirius was going to cry like he did when Gryffindor won the house cup and the Quidditch cup for the first time in twenty seven years. Penelope had never seen James or Sirius cry like that, even McGonagall had cried.

"Tomorrow we're out in the world huh?" Peter asked, looking at the stars, mint bar in his hand and he handed one to Penelope, who eagerly took it.

"That we are Pete." Sirius hummed, sighing. "So much has happened in the span of two years, I can't believe that we're still standing here."

"They'll need more than that to kill us Si, you know that." Penelope pointed out and everyone agreed with her. "I just don't want to fight against you guys."

"Then don't." James stated matter of factly. "You can still come to our side, we can protect you, Dumbledore can protect you."

"That's sweet and all James but I come from an evil family. I come from a family who has served You Know Who since his school days all because they were terrified of him." She sighed. "Dumbledore can protect me, but for how long?"

"For the rest of your life if he has to!" Sirius argued and Penelope let out a humorless chuckle.

"There's no hope for me Si, everyone sees it in my eyes."

Later that night, Penelope struggled to close her trunk after she had packed all her belongings. She had stopped at a picture she had on her bedside, which consisted of her, Remus, Sirius and James. Peter would've been in the picture, but just as Patrick Creevey had snapped the picture, Peter tripped on his shoelaces and fell down. In the picture, Penelope was glaring at James and Sirius and for a moment, she couldn't believe that she hated them at first. Truth be told, she didn't really hate them, she just had thought them mad and loud and annoying.

"Penelope?" Maeve Bixby came into view, her blue eyes telling a story already. She was terrified of what the world held for her, terrified of the war brewing around them. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry and good luck with your life. I know you won't need it, considering you are a Carrow and we others are just from families no one knew existed—"