𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, dancing with death

ANTHEM OF THE ANGELS
act one, chapter eight
❛you're giving death a kiss,
oh, little fool now❜
•°•☽•☾•°•

✦ 𝙋ENELOPE ✦
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

            "𝙎tay safe my love, please." Penelope whispered to Remus on Christmas Eve night, a slight tremor in her voice. The friends had split up this afternoon because of a little spat James and Sirius had earlier on. Penelope had stayed with Remus in the Gryffindor common room, all cuddled up on the couch, exchanging gifts with James, who didn't look that happy, even when Penelope gave him an enchanted Snitch. She will admit, that slightly hurt her because she was sure James would be estactic, but then again, it's not like she knew that he and Sirius would have a fight. Peter had opted to go with Elora, something about presents and doughnuts.

"You know me love, safe is practically my middle name. Well after John."

Penelope giggled, placing a kiss on his lips. "You're such an idiot."

"Yet this idiot stole your heart." Remus grinned, then looked up to the sky. "Look, I've got to go prepare for the night. See you tomorrow. And if you can get James, Peter or Sirius in the hands, just tell them where to find me."

"I will." Penelope assured him, kissing him one last time before she walked away, beginning her search for James. She didn't know why James and Sirius fought, because they never fight but she wasn't going to pry in their lives. She had searched the kitchens without any luck, then the empty classroom on the seventh floor without any luck and she finally went to the Gryffindor Tower, where she threatened to kill Frank Longbottom if he didn't open the portrait. Once she was in, she bullied him into showing her where Remus' dorm room was, as she knew that her boyfriend shared with James and them. She found James sitting on the bed, shirtless and she softly sunk beside him. James turned to look at and Penelope noticed his red eyes and red, tear streaked cheeks.

Before she could begin the sentence she wanted to say, James was kissing her all over again, this time rougher, quicker, like he was angry yet hungry. He was gripping her tight and Penelope would be lying if she said that she didn't enjoy it but she couldn't do that to Remus. He was her everything, he understood her, he fought long and hard with her even when he had his own worries.

"James—no." Penelope pushed him away, a part of her missing his touch. James sniffed, resting his hand on her shoulder.

"Oh God you smell amazing." He sniffed again. "It's unfair, you know. That Moony gets to have an amazing girl like you by his side while I'm pinning over a girl who can't even stand my existence."

"I'm sure you have some agreeable qualities that can meet her expectations." Penelope hummed and she heard James let out a chuckle.

"My head's too big for my body remember?"

Penelope didn't say anything for a while, lost in her thoughts before she laid back on the bed, James following suite. "Am I just something to pass the time James?"

"Merlin no Penny, I love you, I really do. But you're with Moony and he deserves you more than I do." James whispered, turning on his side to face
Penelope, who sighed, not really satisfied with the answer but she let it be.