Chapter 6: Suspicious

I was lying down on the bed with closed eyes, I heard a yelling sound.. 

"help.. please" 

I woke up with a jerk and went reckless. The dream just horrified me, someone is in danger. Aarav, is he really dead? or everyone is trying to fool me around. 

Three months, none paid attention to my case and suddenly within 42 hours, Aarav was found that too dead. Ahana never informed me about Aarav's call a month back. 

Whom should I trust? My heart is saying Aarav is still alive but my mind is with the consequences around. 

I sat down on the chair and opened his laptop, I checked the pictures he had clicked. There was nothing fishy. 

I sighed and took my medicines so that I can sleep for a few hours at least for the sake of the child. I have been taking too much stress for 3 months which is not a good sign. I can't lose my love's baby. He is my reason for living now. 

I slept and the next day, I went to the cafeteria. I saw a man with his child, and his wife spoke "Sanjay... please get the coffee" 

The person turned and I was left shocked seeing the face of the person. He was Mayank, the secretary of the minister. Why did the lady call him Sanjay? 

He glanced at me and then immediately left the cafeteria along with his wife and child. This created a doubt in my mind, is there a mystery behind Aarav's death? 

I need to find out, and only Mayank can help me out. No, if his name is Sanjay then he was as an imposter in front of me. 

I thought hard and my college friend who is a hacker, he can help me out. I paid the coffee bill and took the auto towards his home. 

I reached his place within half an hour since he was a professor hacker he was at a secretive place. I called him, he came to take me to his place. 

He pulled the chair and made me sit. His name is Rishi, he gave me a glass of water and said "Manvi.. you are pregnant and running here and there is not good for your health" 

"Nothing will happen to me.. I need information and you can help me out" I said. 

Rishi kept his hand on mine and assured me "I will try my best.. tell me" 

"Mayank Sharma.. I need to know who is he? where he is from what he does?" I exclaimed.. 

Rishi went to his computer and key in the name. The data I gave him did not match his hacking system. I told him to locate Sanjay. 

He had hacked almost 100 people with the name of Sanjay, Manvi checked and told him after looking at his picture "he is the one" 

Rishi smiled and after an hour, he got all the information and kept the print out in front of me. 

"Sanjay Suri, he is a bank manager in ISB bank married to Suhana Suri and has a son" he spoke. 

I was left totally stunned hearing it.  "but he told me he is minister's PA and his name is Mayank" I said. 

I needed answers from him, he dropped me to Sanjay's home. The watchman told me, "mam he had left with his family as he was transferred to another city" 

What is happening? how can he leave the city? Did he got scared to answer my questions and ran away or there is something big secret hidden. 

I was damm sure now, the body in the hospital was not of Aarav. Police had played well, they closed my case by showing an imposter Aarav. 

I had Aarav's shirt with me, I saw the brand name and smiled "Aarav don't wear such a shirt"  

I need to get the blood test done, but Ahana can trick me for sure. I went to another clinic taking the shirt and the test was done. The reports showed it's Aarav blood, I was still not satisfied. 

I was having a hard feeling, all this is my illusion. Aarav is still alive, I can feel it. 

I reached my home with all these thoughts, I once again checked his laptop maybe I will find some clue but it went in vain. 

I went to his study room and started searching, but there was nothing mischievous. I kept my hand on the book and suddenly a sound was heard. 

The bookshelf opened by itself and I was left totally stunned to find a secret room. There was a security lock which demanded Aarav's fingerprint and eyes recognition. 

I was unable to understand, why would a photographer have such kind of secretive room at his house. 

Is Aarav involved in some criminal activities? I had too many questions in my mind but there was no way I can find answers to it. 

I shouted out loud.. "God.. please help me" 

I called Rishi, within an hour he reached my place and I asked him to hack this security system. 

Rishi replied "Manvi, it requires Aarav's fingerprint and eye recognition" 

"we will get his fingerprints from the house but eye recognition is impossible" Rishi spoke. 

I denied "No.. you have to do this.. please" 

He was trying his best to hack the security system of this but failed as the alarm ranged. There was smoke and I started to breathe heavily. The whole building evacuated due to the alarm and there was a fire in that particular room. 

Everything happened in a minute, the fire brigade arrived but it was too late whole study room was completely burnt. I asked Rishi, to check maybe he can find something from the place. 

He nodded affirmatively and went inside. After 20 minutes he returned and spoke "there is nothing.. everything is burnt" 

Tears slipped down my eyes, everything scattered in few seconds. What is this mystery? Aarav was hiding something from me... Is he really a photographer? 

I need to comfort Ahana, she is only my hope now.

Suddenly I heard Ahana's voice. She hugged me tightly and asked, "are you fine??"

How did she reach here??? How does she know something happened to me? Why is always there when I am suspicious?

I questioned her "how you know something happened to me?"

She made up an excuse and replied "I was just passing by and then saw you here"

She was lying, she told me to be at her house for a few days. I agreed to her and left along.

We reached her house in half an hour, she asked me to take rest inside the room. I went and sat down on the bed with my unanswered questions again.

Ahana came to the kitchen, her phone ranged and she picked up the call. She spoke "yes.. Don't worry she will be with me till delivery I will not let her find out about the truth"

The other person spoke "Aarav said his wife is immature but she is too intelligent in pregnancy state also she is trying to dig everything"

"don't worry.. She will fail every time" Ahana said in a whispering tone.

I was shocked by hearing her conversation. Tears brimmed down my eyes, she is Aarav's best friend and she is involved in his disappearance. I am not safe with her. What if she tried to kill me??

I need to escape from here, now I am 100% sure Aarav is still alive.