Chapter 6

I couldn't sleep. It was about 2:15am, I had been up for a few hours. I decided that I would study French just a little since I forgot some grammar parts of it. 

I heard a noise coming near my window. I got scared. Was there someone there? My heart was pounding and anxiety had attacked me. I got out of my bed, frightened, as I saw a body come in.

H-Hyunjin?

I was so confused and terrified but I calmed down a bit since I knew who the person was. He had a pretty big scar on his Collarbone area, a little bit of blood coming out and a few cuts on his arms. He was breathing heavily, as he groaned almost falling on the ground, but I caught him from falling.

"What happened..?" I asked with a soft voice, holding his waist. He didn't answer me, he was just still breathing heavily. His head probably felt a bit heavy, almost resting it on my shoulder.

"It...hurts..stings." He said with a very low and soft voice, almost like a whisper. I assumed he was talking about the scars and cuts on him. I asked him where the first aid kit was but he said that he'll get it.

"No! You're hurt. Let me get it." I said. He told me it was in the kitchen. I quietly go and get it trying not to wake up anyone else. Hyunjin sat on my bed. I took a wet cloth and dabbed it on the scars he had on his arms. It was just water but he whimpered a little, quietly. Then I got another wet cloth and moved the collar of his shirt a little to put it on the big scar. He lifted and tilted his head to the right side of him, looking at the floor.

"You still didn't answer me.." I said still wondering what the hell he did this late at night to get him this hurt. He opened his mouth to say something but shut it immediately after. I sat in front of him, trying to make eye contact but he would look away.

"Your....dad...." Hyunjin hesitates, pursing his lips after he said 'dad'. I can tell he didn't want me to know.

I was holding back my tears, ashamed that he was the reason why Hyunjin got hurt. My own 'father' hurt a human being. "What were you d-doing with him..?" My voice was stuttering and was unstable.

Hyunjin stayed quiet. He tried changing the topic. "Hey...this is nothing. I'm fine. I get it you feel guilty that I got hurt but this isn't your fault.."

I couldn't hold it in anymore. Tears started falling from my eyes. "I'm so sorry. You practically almost fainted. And it was because of someone I am related to. I feel so terrible!"

Hyunjin POV

She started crying. It made me sad because she was crying and was hurt for no reason. She did nothing wrong. Wait, do I care about her? No I don't. I just feel bad that's all.

"I'm so sorry. You practically almost fainted. And it was because of someone I am related to. I feel so terrible." Y/n said. Her voice was really unstable. I guess this is a sensitive topic for her. But was she crying cause I got hurt? Or because of her dad doing such a thing?

"Stop crying..I'm fine." I said, with a soft voice as I tried getting up but I stumbled. My leg was hurt? There was no scar or anything on it, I guess it felt weak.

Y/n stopped crying. "You can't even walk. Sit on the bed. Let me put medicine on your wounds."

I did what she said. She put medicine on a towel. Putting it on my collarbone area."This might sting-"

I groan. It stinged so bad. "What the hell?! That hurt."

Y/n removed the towel. "There."

There was a moment of silence. It was suffocating. I didn't know what to say.