Chapter 17

They were all in the training room for so long, I understand that they need to train hard in order to defeat ATEEZ. It was around 10:00pm and I went downstairs to see all of the members sweating, lying on the sofa or floor.

I didn't say a thing and they just looked at me in exhaustion until Chan said "Y/n I booked you and us a hotel, the check in will be at 6:30pm, just before us going to Ateez."

I nod my head in response and thank him. 

Hyunjin was lying down on the couch with his eyes closed hugging a pillow. He looked so peaceful and cute while Felix walked to the kitchen and I followed him like a mouse.

"Whatcha doing?" I asked Felix as he opened the cabinet.

"About to make cookies, want to help?" He asked me. But it's 10pm....is this normal? They probably sleep pretty late.

I said yes and he asked me to put 1 ¼ cup of flour in the boal. We continued putting the ingredients in the boal. He got some chocolate chips out of the bag and started snacking on them while putting them in the boal.

I laughed at him and he stuffed a few in my mouth. "Felix!" After I mumbled things and he laughed to himself. We both needed the dough and put it in the fridge. 

Felix gently nudged me. "You're good at baking." I smiled lightly but it disappeared quickly as I remembered when mom said that to me the exact same way. I miss her, so much

Felix's smile slowly disappeared as well and he tilted his head. "Sorry, did I say something?" He said in a sad or worried tone, pouting.

"No, it's nothing. It's just...my mom used to bake a lot with me." I gave a sad smile trying to stay unbothered.

Felix came closer with a pout and patted my head. "You know, you've been through so much. Your mom is proud of you."

My lips quivered a bit but I tried not showing it, of course he noticed and panicked because he didn't know what to do.

"Thank you." My voice cracked a bit and he gently stroked my hair. I kept telling myself not to cry but my emotions controlled me. I can't ever control them. I hate being sensitive on the inside, even the littlest words can stay in my mind and hurt me. I wish I was stronger. 

I eventually started tearing up, I saw it coming and tried avoiding eye contact with Felix, I just looked down on the floor.

"No no....don't cry." He said to me, he hesitated a bit and came closer. He held the back of my head and gently placed it on his shoulder.

"I know I'm weak." I admitted, I hated crying in front of others but I can't control my feelings. 

"No you're not! You've just been strong for too long." He pulled away and I wiped the tears from my eyes.

I laughed hiding what just happened and tried changing the topic. "I find it weird that we're baking at this time." 

Few minutes later 🍪

We took the cookies out of the oven, they smelled so good. It was probably almost midnight and Felix told me to go sleep, funny how he left to go to his room first.

The cookies were still hot so we would eat them in the morning with everyone else. I washed my hands in the kitchen sink and was about to go upstairs until I heard whimpering.

I slowly walked to the living room, all the members were in their room. Hyunjin was lying down on the sofa, he probably fell asleep. He looked somehow scared and was whimpering every now and then.

"No....Abba (dad)..." Hyunjin whimpered, I came closer to him and he started whimpering more, he was sweating. I was about to place my hand on his forehead but he suddenly woke up panting. He looked around the room still in the same condition and saw me, not saying a word.

I didn't hesitate to get him a glass of water. When I gave it to him he gulped it down like he hadn't drank anything in a week.

"What happened..?" I sat beside him, he was still panting, probably traumatised. I can tell he wanted to speak but no words came out. He was still breathing heavily. 

Eventually some tears started streaming down his face and he buried his face in his hands. I never have seen him cry....

I rubbed his back but he pulled me into a hug, I could feel his heart racing. He buried his face on the crook of my neck. "Y/n... don't leave please.." He was sobbing, I felt my heart ache. I wonder why it hurt me seeing him cry...

"Hyunjin..I'm not going anywhere..." I tried pulling away to see his face but he pulled me back, he didn't want me to see him cry.

"Bad dream..?" I asked, softly whispering into his ear.

"N-Nightmare.." He softly said, his tears stopped but he buried his face deeper in my neck. I gently stroked his hair until he started breathing normally. I was flustered because he was clinging on to me and hugging me, just thinking about made my face warm. 

"My dream was about...my dad and mom they ab-" Hyunjin said, I could feel his breath on my neck. Chills.

I cut him off. "You don't need to tell me if you don't want to."

"Just please can you stay..?" Hyunjin asked me with a voice crack.

I'm not sure what he exactly meant but I told him I would.

I gently patted his back with one of my hands and stroked his hair from the other. I usually am not an affectionate person, wait..where did affectionate come from? I'm just comforting him as a friend, nothing more...

He definitely calmed down. "You should go sleep in your room, you would be more comfortable."

"But my room won't have you." Hyunjin whispered.

Smooth. 

I felt a soft dust of pink come on my cheek. I immediately pulled away. "Ya, I'm going."