The Words He Can't hear

Dean threw on his gloves and started to make his way out of Bobby's house.
"I'm gonna go fix up baby, call me if you need me" He said as he headed outside.

"Have fun" Cas said as he left, but Dean didn't hear him as he left. Thi left Cas confused, he thought he said it loud enough for Dean to hear. Cas turned to Sam who was sitting at a small table. "Sam, I have a question"

"What is it?" Sam asked.

"Is Dean ignoring me? I thought i yelled loud enough for him to hear me" Cas asked his friend. 

"No, he's not. I don't think he can hear you" Sam replied, Cas was confused. "He didn't tell you? He's deaf in his right ear"

"What? He never told me that" Cas thought for a minute. "Was he born deaf in his right ear? Or did something happen?" 

"Something happened..when we were kids, Dean was teaching me how to shoot a gun and i accidentally fired right next to his ear. I still feel bad about it" Sam sighed.

"So he can't hear anything in his right ear?" Cas asked.

"You'd have to scream pretty loud for him to hear it. Why?" Sam answered.

"No reason" Cas stood up and went outside to see Dean under his car. Cas quietly went over to Dean who had slid out from under the car, he had no idea Cas was there. Cas bent down next to Deans right ear. 

"Is this your bad ear dean?" He quietly asked.

"God i'm going to need to ask Bobby for parts." Dean sighed.

"Good" Cas smiled. "Dean Winchester, you are an amazing person and I love you" Once he finished he carefully backed up. Dean had a smile on his face as Cas went back inside.

"Did i say the right ear? Or the left?" Sam asked.

"The right?" Cas replied with a confused expression.

"Whoops.. I meant the left" Sam said with a smirk.

"Wh-what?" 

"He deaf in his left ear" Sam said again with a smirk.

"You did this on purpose." Cas crossed his arms, his cheeks were bright pink. 

"Maybe i did, but he needed to know you love him" Sam looked up at Cas, the door opened, Dean walked in wiping off his hands with a rag. 

"So Cas.. got anything you want to tell me?" Dean asked with a smirk on his face, Cas quickly disappeared. He didn't go too far, he just reappeared outside the gate of the the house. Cas sat down and hugged his legs, he was embarrassed, Dean didn't love him like that and he already knew that. Dean thought of him as a friend, a brother, what is he going to think of him now?

"Maybe I just shouldn't go back.." Cas said a loud to himself.

"I disagree, i'd miss you" Dean said from behind him, Cas looked up at Dean. He sat down next to Cas. "Now are you going to talk to me?" 

"What's there to talk about?" Cas asked.

"Why you ran out here?" dean answered.

"...Because i'm scared you'll hate me for what i said.." He quietly answered, Dean put an arm around him.

"I could never hate you, Cas. You're amazing and i love you" Dean put a hand on Cas's cheek.