An Angel and a Hunter for dads

So...this is another idea where i turn the characters into children but i wanted to see what Dean and Cas would be like trying to be parents for maybe a future one shot? Comment if you'd like to see that :)

-Nova

After a long hunt, Cas sat down in the motel, he had teleported to the motel instead of riding back with the boys. He wanted to have some peace and quiet for at least a few minutes before it would be destroyed. Sadly that silence didn't last long, when Balthazar appeared in front of Cas.

"Balthazar?" Cas said a loud confused on why his friend had shown up.

"Hello Castiel, just came to give you a small warning." Balthazar sat on the small table by the door.

"A warning?" Cas asked.

"Yes, your boyfriend and his brother are a little upset with me right now since I may have..done something"

"Boyfriend?- Can you explain further?" The very confused angel asked.

"You'll see soon enough" Balthazar said as he disappeared. As if on cue, Dean walked into the room, looking really pissed.

"Hello Dean, where is Sam?" Cas asked his friend.

"Huh?" Dean turned around an sighed. "Sammy! Come on!" He called out the door,  a little boy came in with a small bag of gummy bears. 

"Now I see what Balthazar meant.." Cas said quietly to himself.

"Hi.." The little boy said stuffing his face with his snack that Dean bought from the vending machine outside. 

"Hello there" (General Kenobi) Cas walked over to the little boy and bent down so he was at the little guys eye level. 

"Can we go home, dad?" Sam asked looking at Dean.

"Dad?" Both Cas and Dean said at the same time.

Dean sighed. "Hey Sammy, how about you go wash your hands and get ready for dinner while I talk to my friend outside" Little Sam nodded and went into the bathroom while Dean and Cas walked outside. 

"What happened, Dean?" Cas asked.

"Balthazar paid us a visit and turned Sam into a four year old. He doesn't remember anything either, which is why he called me dad I guess" Dean crossed his arms.

"Who does he think I am?" Cas asked.

"I don't know yet, hopefully just one of my friends" Dean replied. Both of them stood in silent for a minute. "We should probably go inside and check on Sam." Cas nodded and they both headed inside, Sam was sitting on one of the bed, twiddling his thumbs.

"What should we do?" Cas asked.

"Be dads" Dean looked towards Sam. "Hey Sammy, do you wanna go get some food?" 

"Yeah!" Sammy hopped off the bed and went over to Dean and Cas.

"Lets go" Dean and Cas walked out, Dean was holding Sam's hand. Cas had a smile on his face, though this was a bad situation, it was cute. Dean helped Sam into the backseat, while Cas got in the front seat, he turned around to see Dean buckling in the small sam. After Dean buckled Sam in, he hopped in the driver seat and started up the car.

"Where do we want to eat?" Dean asked. 

"McDonalds!" The young Sam said excitedly.

"That's alright for me" Cas said with a smile.

"McDonalds it is" Dean commented as he began driving. Cas looked over at Dean as he drove, both of them had smiles on their faces. Dean looked over at Cas for a second then looked back towards the road, he reached for Cas's hand. Cas held Dean's hand, his cheeks dusted pink. 

After the few minute drive, Dean finally found a Mcdonalds and parked the car. The two let go of hands and hopped out of the car, Dean went to the back and unbuckled Sam. Cas looked over at the brothers and smiled, while Dean took Sam's hand again. All three of them headed inside, Dean began to order the food while Sam and Cas went to find a booth by the indoor playground. 

Cas sat down in a booth while Sam ran into the plastic playground, Dean walked over and sat down next to Cas with their food. "Dean, may i ask a question?" Cas asked

"Yeah, go ahead" Dean looked to Cas.

"When you said 'Be dads' earlier, did you mean.. be parental figures or something else..?" Cas looked down a bit.

"Well what do you want my answer to be?" Dean asked.

"Something else if im being honest" Cas blushed, Dean grabbed his hand.

"I meant both" Cas looked up at Dean with a smile. Meanwhile, Sam had just climbed down and hopped into the booth on the other side of them, grabbing his happymeal and starting to eat.

After Dinner and a Car Ride

Dean pulled into the parking lot of the motel, it was around 8pm, little Sam was sleeping in the back. "You head inside, i'll grab Sammy" Dean said as he hopped out of the car, Cas hopped out as well and held the door open waiting for Dean and sam. Dean was unbuckling Sam from the backseat and picking him up to bring inside. Sam was snoring as Dean carried him inside and laid him on a bed, Dean immediately laid down on the other one. Cas sat next to Dean on the bed, both of them were exhausted, little Sam was definitely a bit of a handful. 

"Well today was exhausting.." Dean sighed.

"Yeah it was but it was kinda fun" Cas looked at Dean.   

"I think i'm ready to hit the hay" Dean said sitting up.

"Weirdly enough, i'm tired as well" Cas yawned. 

"Well, I wouldn't mind if you stayed.." Dean laid up by the pillows. 

"Then i'll gladly stay" Cas followed, Dean wrapped an arm around Cas, both of them immediately fell asleep.

In the morning

Cas yawned as he opened his eyes, he carefully sat up, trying not to wake Dean. He looked over at the other bed, seeing little Sam was gone.

"Morning Cas" A voice said from the bathroom, Cas looked over and saw it was Sam but he wasn't a kid anymore.

"Good morning, Sam" 

"Thanks for helping Dean watch me" Sam leaned against the wall.

"Your welcome, I actually had fun doing it.." Cas looked at Dean who was sleeping peacefully.

"You guys would be great parents, maybe you two should have a kid" Sam chuckled while Cas turned bright red. Cas looked down at Dean, he ran his fingers through Deans hair.

"Maybe.." Cas kissed Dean on the cheek before laying back down with the man he loved.