A Surprise For Dean

Cas walked into the bunker full of excitement, he immediately saw Sam sitting in the war room at the table. 

"Sam! I need to tell you something exciting!" Cas ran down the steps over to his friends.

"What is it, Cas?" Sam asked.

"First, is Dean around?" Sam shook his head no. "Good" Cas pulled a ring out of his pocket.

"Are you going to ask him?" Sam stood up with a smile on his face. Cas and Dean have been dating for a couple years now, and Cas was finally going to propose. 

"Yeah, i'm gonna take him out tonight on a date. I felt like now was a good time since he's been upset over.. you know.." Cas said as he put the ring back in his pocket. 

"This will definitely make him happy, good luck man" Sam had a smile on his face, he was happy that his brother was gonna be happy. 

"Thank you, Sam. I'm very excited to ask him" Cas had a huge smile on his face, he couldn't be happier to ask the love of his life to marry him.

"Ask who what?" Dean said as he wheeled in, he was sitting in a wheelchair , which is why he's been so down. He's unable to go on hunts now, hunting was his life and he had to stay home and do research.

"I wanted to ask you if you would go on a date with me tonight?" Cas asked, he was definitely ready for Dean's question.

"I would love to, Cas" Dean responded with a small smile. "Can I talk to you quick, Cas?" 

"Yeah, of course" Cas said as Dean wheeled out of the room, Cas followed next to him. "What do you want to talk about?" 

"I'm sorry i've been so distant lately.. I just-" Dean was cut off from his apology from Cas cupping his cheeks.

"Don't apologize, I understand." Cas said sincerely.

"That's not an excuse though.. I shouldn't have just ignored you trying to help me" Dean put his hands on Cas's.

"Dean, its okay, I get it. You don't need to apologize, i'm just glad you said you'll go out tonight with me" Both of them had smiles on their faces as they stared at each other.

"I love you" Dean said with a smile.

"I love you too" 

A little while later in the car..

Cas was driving the Dean's 'baby', Dean was sitting in the passenger seat. He was happy about being with Cas, but missed driving the impala, driving his 'baby' was something else that was taken from him. 

"Are you alright?" Cas asked, noticing Dean's sad behavior.

"Yeah, I just miss driving.." Dean sighed, Cas reached over and held Dean's hand.

"I'm sorry, I wish i could help you.." Cas looked at his boyfriend, he wanted to help him so badly but couldn't.

"Like you said earlier, don't apologize. It's something neither of us can fix, at least we have each other" Dean brought Cas's hand to his face and kissed it. "I love you"

"I love you too" Cas said with a smile.

"Where are we going? You never told me" Dean asked.

"Somewhere special and beautiful like you to have a picnic" Cas responded, causing Dean to blush.  

"You're too good for me, you know that?" Dean was looking at Cas.

"And you're too amazing for me" Cas looked at Dean for a second before looking back at the road to make sure they don't get into a car crash. After a few more minutes of driving, Cas parked next to the curb. They were right next to this small cliff area with picnic tables, Cas stepped out of the car and then helped Dean out and grabbing the picnic basket. 

Dean wheeled over to one of the tables, Cas followed him and set the basket on the table. He reached into pocket to feel a small box, he internally sighed with relief. His plan was going well so far, hopefully he doesn't mess this up..

After eating their food...

"Thank you for all of this, Cas" Dean said looking at his lover.

"Of course, I'm glad you wanted to come. There's just one thing i wanted to ask.." He stood up, Dean was a bit confused. "Dean Winchester, I've loved you ever since the day i pulled you from hell. I've been the happiest i have ever been with you, you never fail to make me happy. I was the happiest man alive when you agreed to be my boyfriend but.." Cas got down on one knee and pulled out a small box from his pocket. "I think i want us to be more.." Dean covered his mouth with his hands. "Will you marry me?"

Tears came down Dean's cheeks. "Oh my god, Cas..Yes! Of course i will!" He was crying tears of joy, Cas quickly hugged him. 

"Are these good tears?" Cas asked, Dean nodded and kissed Cas on the lips, Cas kissed him back. Dean slowly pulled away, still crying a bit, Cas slipped the ring onto Dean's finger. 

"I love you so much" Dean sniffled.

"I love you more than everything" Cas wiped away his fiance's tears of joy.

I hope you all enjoyed this one shot! I decided to make this since today (December 3rd) is Disability Awareness Day! I haven't written a one shot where they have already been dating or been married (i don't think..) so i took advantage of this!

Have a great day gay's, they's, she's, and he's!

-'President' Super Nova