20

Dylan Blake

I started dressing differently at school and got some interesting looks from the other students. I didn't think that there was anything cool about my new look but some girls started to flirt with me during the day and that kinda puts me on the spot.

"Hey," Emily joined me on my walk to get outside, "Do you know that you're popular now?"

"That's ridiculous."I rolled my eyes.

"I haven't seen you since...You know,"
She said awkwardly,

"Yeah, "I shrugged, "I don't care who you date, Emily but Kyle is not a good idea."

"What do you know?"She said bitterly,
"He treats me well and has tried more than you ever did as a friend."

I froze and my jaw dropped.

"I'm sorry, that was uncalled for."She mumbled, "Look, if you get involved in this, I swear you will regret it."

I frowned, "Okay, whatever."I murmured,
"I'm sorry for...yeah."I walked away quickly to get away from her.

I hated how I realized that someone like Kyle can treat her better than I can.
Then again, Kyle was a jerk to me at the carnival and she was still with him so that goes against her credibility.

I walked outside of the building and met up with Nate at his car.

"Hey there, hot stuff."Nate smiled widely when he saw me and that made me felt less crappy about myself.

I got inside of the car as he did the same but before he started the car, he examined my face, "What's wrong?"

"Emily is seeing Kyle."I uttered out, "And she said that Kyle was better than me as a friend."

"That asshole?"Nate laughed humorously.

"Don't curse, "I mumbled.

"Sorry."He zipped his mouth, "Screw her then. I never liked her anyway."

"Still, "I said awkwardly, "She was the only friend I got."

"You got me."He rested his hand on my thigh, "Don't think about her too much."

>>>>>>

Going to Nate's house after school seemed to be a routine for me because his mother was always working and his sister was always sent to stay at her grandmother's house after school.

"Hey, Nate."I said nervously, "Would it be such a bad idea if we..."I couldn't finish my sentence.

"What?"

I took a deep breath and pressed my lips on his. He responded quickly and melted into the kiss as I pulled him down with me on the bed. He was hovering over me on his bed and I wrapped my legs behind his waist.

"Woah, Dylan, are you sure about this?"
He asked breathlessly.

"Yes, I totally want this."I pulled him by his shirt collar and continued to press my lips on his.

"You do understand what is going on here?"He said seriously.

"Nate, "I said softly, "Do you have a problem with this."

"I don't."He assured, "I just want to make sure that you're okay with this."

"Which I am."I pointed out.

"Okay," He nodded, "Then let's do this."

Nate Carter

I noticed Dylan staring at me as he rested his head on my shirtless chest, trailing his fingers on it.

"You're doing that weird starring thing again, "I said sarcastically.

"Sorry," He looked away.

"It's cute."I raised his chin up and pressed my lips on his forehead.

We sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes before he opened my mouth again, "Nate," He said softly.

"Yeah,"

"It's probably nothing but what was Mason about to say last night that freaked you out so much?"

"Oh, "I mumbled under my breath, "I don't know."

"You looked kinda nervous last night-"He was about to say something but was interrupted by someone,

"Oh my god!"

We heard a screeched and the both of us jumped, "Bella, "I said nervously.

She was standing near my bedroom door with Brad next to her and I knew that whenever happened next would not be pretty.

"Downstairs, now, "Brad instructed with a glare on his face.

I glanced at Dylan, who had a worried face on and I gave him a weak smile to assure him that everything would be fine.

When I walked downstairs, Bella had her hand on her hip and Brad crossed his arms above his chest.

"What the fuck, Nate!"Brad spat, "Our little brother? Are you fucking crazy?"

"Chill out dude."I calmed, "It's not like that."

"Then what is it like?"He asked seriously,
"Cause it looks like you took advantage of that kid and slept with him."

"Look, "I sighed, "I really like Dylan, okay. It may be hard for you guys to accept but that's the truth."

"Guys," Dylan came down the stairs,
"Please don't be mad at him. I am a grown man and I can make my own decisions. Nate has been nothing but great to me."

"Really?"Bella let out a humorous laugh,
"Okay then, Nate, why don't you tell him the real reason you became friends with him in the first place?"

My hearts sank and I turned to see that Dylan was already staring at me,
"Nate, what is she talking about?"He asked seriously.

"We'll leave the two of you to talk," Brad said bitterly and walked outside with Bella.

"Dylan, before I say anything, I just want you to know that my feelings for you are totally real" I started, "The real reason why I started being friends with you is that Bella made me. She wanted me to give you clothing as gifts and suggest you change your hairstyle and countless other things. It only started like that but then I started to grow feelings for you and I told her I wouldn't do it anymore but she threatened to ruin me if I didn't suggest you have a haircut a few days ago. I wanted that be the last thing I did to you for her."

"So, you manipulated and lied to me the entire time we were together, "Tears fell down his cheeks and I felt an ache in my heart.

"I didn't manipulate you-"

"Yes, you did!"He snapped, "How can you do this to me? What else did you lie to me about?"

"Nothing, I swear, "I said seriously.

"What about your father?"He asked bitterly with a sob, "Why were you so nervous last night."

I froze and didn't reply. Instead, I just stared at him blankly, hoping that he would forget about it.

"Tell me, Nate."He said angrily and hit my chest.

"He's not dead."I blurted out and that made his jaw dropped as more tears fell down his cheeks, "I lied to you."

"Screw you, Nate."He said bitterly and went to the front door, "We are over."

"Dylan, wait-"

He slammed the front door shut and left.