24

Nate Carter

Pat let me sit on the passenger seat because Bella kept on glaring at me and I tried to not mind her but every time I looked at the rearview mirror, she was looking at me.

"We're here," Pat announced and I sigh with relief, not wasting any time to get out of the car.

I grabbed my backpack from the trunk and saw Bella struggling with hers's.

"Do you need help?"I asked her.

"I'm good."She said bitterly and turned to Brad, "Please help me."

Brad ignored her and went into the house with both of their parents.

I shook my head and helped Bella with her bags anyway, "If you're going to be like this the whole trip, then you better enjoy everyone ignoring you."

"Oh shut up, Nathaniel."She said bitterly and stormed away.

I went inside the house not long later and we were greeted by two elderly couple.

"And you must be Nate."The old lady smiled at me after hugging the twin's parents and ignore the two of them altogether, "I hope you're not as terrible as my grandchildren."

She seemed nice.

"You don't mind bunking in the living room with the twins, right?" Pat asked me, "There are only two more rooms and I'm taking one of the rooms while Dylan takes the other."

I looked at the twins and they did not seem happy about that idea,

"I'm okay with that," I said with a polite smile.

"Dylan is out with his new friend, Mason and they will probably take a while.
Go and make yourself comfortable first."
Pat whispered.

I nodded and put my bag on the floor as the adults went somewhere else.

The twins were still there, trying very hard not to look at me.

"I can't believe they won't give me the room."Bella said to Brad, "I'm literally the only girl. This is probably grandma's plan to make me feel like crap just like she did last summer."

I decided not to mind her and sat down on my couch to reply to a text that my mother sent me. She didn't really like the idea that I wasn't celebrating Christmas with them but I explained to her the whole story and she was cool about it.

"He's such an asshole."I heard Bella whispered obviously about me but I decided to be the bigger man and ignore her.

Dylan Blake

"Why do you keep convincing me to do this kind of thing?"Mason asked frustratedly.

"You never said no."I pointed out,
"Why? Are you afraid of heights or something?"

We found the perfect spot at the top of the hill but Mason didn't really seem to be into it.

I was feeling ambitious again and invited Mason to go skiing with me but he acted as I forced him into it.

"I'm not gonna lie to you kid, I fucking hate being this high but someone needs to make sure that you'll live so that your grandmother won't kill me."

"Let's do this, then, "I said and started to push the stick back so that I was moving and it didn't take long for Mason to do the same.

I felt the cold, freezing wind against my body, and the thrill filled inside of my blood but I was disappointed at how short the ride when we arrived because I was expecting it to be longer.

I arrived first and it didn't take long for Mason to join me, "Let's not do that again."He said breathlessly.

I chuckled, "You okay, there?"

"Yeah, I'm dope."He said, making me cringe.

"Did you really say that?"

"Yeah, isn't that what high school kids say now?"He asked seriously.

"Yeah but that doesn't mean that it's cool."I pointed out.

"Noted," He said awkwardly but I couldn't help but look into his green eyes and his light brown hair that fell down to his forehead. He was very laid back and I admire how he doesn't wear a cold cap because he thought that it was "dumb".

I also noticed him examining my face and I didn't know what it was but I gained the confidence to tiptoe my feet and pressed my lips on his.

"Dylan, Dylan, "He backed away almost instantly, "You're sixteen and I don't know about you but I'm not going to prison with this pretty face."

"I'm sorry."I said awkwardly, "That was very stupid and...I'm just gonna go wait in the car."

>>>>>>

"We have to talk about it."Mason pointed as he pulled over into the house, "It was a good kiss and all but you know that we shouldn't."

"I know."I nodded, "I was just caught in the moment and I feel very stupid now."

"You're not stupid."He said softly,
"Cute maybe, stupid no."

"How can you say stuff like that and not expect me to not have feelings for you,"
I mumbled.

"What stuff?"He raised his eyebrows.

"I might be crazy or you have been flirting with me ever since I first arrived,"
I said awkwardly.

"I totally wasn't."He pouted, "Give me one example."

"First, you made me rode a horse with you then, you keep wanting to spend time with me and you also invited me inside your house once, "I explained.

"Okay, fine, I might have been flirting a bit."He said casually, "But that's just how I act."

I didn't reply to that and there was a small silence.

"I'm just gonna go inside, "I said awkwardly.

"You're grandfather called a few hours ago and told me to come inside the house for a second."He mentioned, "But I can come some other time if you're uncomfortable with that."

"No, "I shook my head, "Why won't I be. We're totally cool...Right?"

"Yeah, we are."He agreed although he didn't seem all that genuine.

We got out of the car and made our way to the house. I opened the door and went inside only to see Nate passing through me.

"Nate, "I raised my eyebrows and I noticed Mason making a weird look because I had told him about Nate, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you."He said while looking at me the same way he had been looking at me while we were together, "I want to make things right."