chapter 5

since your other friends weren't here, you figured it was a good opportunity and you wouldn't have to walk alone.

"of course! what is this favor?" you question with an intrigued look.

"I'll tell you when we walk home," she states, turning back in her seat to face forward.

you silently ponder to yourself of ideas of what she could need. maybe cover her for something or do an assignment for her?

you quickly forgot about the idea once the teacher started taking.

•••

"so y/n, how far is your house from the school?" aiko says, shifting her body back to face yours, dragging you out of your focused state.

"like 5 minutes." is a statement you would've made but the person behind you beat you to it.

you look behind him and give him a straight face. you wanted to slap the hair off of his head but placed your hands on your lap and squeezed the fabric of your pants.

"DONT TELL ME YOU GUYS.." aiko exclaims with her mouth gaping open.

"no no no it's a big misunderstanding," you say, shaking your hands with a smile. what is this boy thinking?

suna slouches in his seat and pulls a mischievous smirk across his face.

"what did you do to this poor girl?" aiko exasperatedly asks towards suna, keeping the same gaping expression.

he stays silent watching aiko break down into confusion. after all this time of aiko teasing him, suna strikes back fiercer than ever.

"aiko I'll explain when we walk home but it isn't what you think at all. I promise," you claim, trying to hold in a laugh while watching her face contort in horror.

"I would greatly appreciate that," she says. aiko leans her head in both of her hands and pouts.

you let out a big sigh and scratch at the side of your head. what is he trying to accomplish?

the bell rang signaling time to go home. you get out of your seat and start walking towards the door.

"wait for me!" aiko yells, dragging out her words.

you then wait for her by the classroom door and you both start walking together.

"so where do you live?" you ask, pulling out your phone and scrolling through your Instagram.

"ohh I live about 10 minutes west but if you rather walk to your house first it's fine by me."

"it's okay, I'll walk with you," you say with a smile.

you guys both start walking towards aiko's and giggle about stupid things. it felt good having someone like her by your side. she was always upbeat and you've never seen her upset. you felt a sense of accomplishment being her friend.

the conversation dials down and aiko speaks up,
"so.. you and suna?"

"suna?" you ask confused. a light bulb then goes off in your brain, "oh, yea, him." you play it off with a laugh.

"yes, that's his name." aiko says with a small giggle.

"nothing is going on between us. he's a bitch, but he lives right next door to my apartment."

"oh reallyyyyy?" aiko says with a sly smirk.

"no no no, we barely even speak to each other." you claim, your mind wondering back to last night. you cringe to yourself.

"okay okay." she says, still keeping the same smirk plastered on her face.

"so, about the favor, I needed to ask." you turn to aiko, listening very intently. "there's this party tomorrow night and I was wondering if you wanted to come with me? all of my other friends are either out on vacation or sick. you don't have to but I would really enjoy your company! also, it would help me give a better excuse to my parents."

"oh, I would love to! I would have to run it by my mom first, thought."

"ahh thank you so much!!" aiko giggles and squeezes you. "how could I repay you? but just so you know the party will be kind of big. but besides that, if you need an excuse just let me know, I'm loaded."

"of course! umm, you don't have to do anything, the offer is enough. also how big are you talking?" you laugh.

"oh probably most of the school." aiko makes an embarrassed face.

you sigh and put on a small smile. "okay!" you didn't really like huge parties, but since you already agreed there was no going back.

"so the party is going to start around 8ish and it'll be at this guy's house. his name is mori. I kinda have a teensy crush on him but that stays between you and me. anyways, I'll pick you up around that time. see ya later!" aiko says, then waves goodbye before you had a moment to tease her.

"okay, bye!" you say, laughing and waving back.

•••

you enter your house and walk slowly straight to your closet.

what could I wear tomorrow? hmm.

you shift through your closet and pick out a flattering shirt. you then walk to your dresser and pull out a pair of jeans.

you eyed between the black air jordans and the blue air jordans, choosing the black ones since they go with everything.

parties were never really your thing, the only time you went to parties was when it was with a bunch of people that you knew. they were never jam-packed because you lived in such a small town when going to Karasuno.

you fall back onto your bed and yawn. I'll figure out hair and makeup tomorrow.

before closing your eyes you shoot your mom a text saying, "hey since you'll be at work late tomorrow, is it cool if I go to a party with one of my friends? I won't stay late."

your mom then quickly replies, "of course! don't worry, stay out as long as you want!"

you smile to yourself in satisfaction. you know she's only letting you out so late is because she wants you to have some fun. she felt bad about moving away but you didn't blame her. you're glad she was taking her career seriously.