chapter 9

(authors note: THANK YOU ALL FOR 6K READS!! IDK WHAT I WOULD DO WITHOUT YOU GUYS! ENJOY THIS CHAPTER YOU BEAUTIFUL PPL <3)

time flew by and it was break. suna showed up to school a couple days later from the last time you both talked but few words were exchanged between the two of you since he came back. he would always side eye you or completely ignore you all together. of course you were used to it but there was something different.

you walked home wrapping a big jacket around yourself to keep you warm. breathing in this cold weather made it look like smoke was coming out of your mouth. your nose was bright red and your lips were heavily glossed from the chapstick you lathered over them.

your arms shuttered over your body as you tried to produce heat by creating friction between your arms and hands.

you finally stepped into your house and put on the heater. you unwrapped the scarf from your neck and set it on the jacket rack with your jacket. you put a mug of milk into the microwave to heat up for hot chocolate.

as you waited for the microwave to go off you scrolled through your snapchat. ever since the party a lot more boys were trying to get with you or hang out. some even flat out asked to "fuck" but you kindly declined.

the microwave made a loud beep noise. you put the chocolate in the mug and stirred it around with a silver spoon. you plopped in about 8 mini marshmallows on top and went to go sit on the couch.

you slowly sipped on the steaming drink as you watched the rest of your show, Maid Sama. you watched in awe as you wished you had a relationship like the both of them. usui was so willing to do anything for misaki and it made you extremely jealous that you didn't get that from a boy. the bond they had you always admired.

as you drank the last sip of hot coco you hear your phone ring. you set your mug on the coffee table as you check to see who it is. the name "kiyoko" laid across the bright screen. you smiled to yourself as you answered.

"hello?"

"hi y/n, long time no talk!" kiyoko says as you hear her smile through the phone.

"yes! I miss you so much, how've you been?" you say, messing with the ends of your hair.

"I- ood-" her words cut out through the phone.

"oh hold on I'm getting bad service!" you exclaim as you run to the front door and sit on the steps outside in front of your apartment. "you there?"

"oh yea, I said I'm good! the boys on the volleyball team have been improving so much and it makes me so proud of them." kiyoko tells you.

"I'm so happy for them!! tell them I miss them dearly." you say, thinking back to helping kiyoko manage the volleyball team.

"I will of course!" you and kiyoko began talking about everything that's been going on in the both of your lives and reminiscing on the old times.

as you chatter on the phone you hear a door open and close behind you but ignore it because of how invested you were in the conversation between you and kiyoko.

in the corner of your eye you see suna lean against the poll connected to the stairs and puffing on a blunt. you felt his stare burn into the side of your face as you listen to kiyoko talking about something noya and tanaka said to her during practice.

he had on navy blue sweatpants and a black hoodie with the school logo on it. his hair was how it looked at school earlier and his emerald eyes brighter than ever when against the redness around the rest of his eyes.

as the conversation turns into jokes you feel suna walk down the steps and sit next to you, leaving barely a sliver of space between the two of you. you began giggling at something kiyoko said and suna chuckles under his breath, making your own breath hitch.