σ𝐧𝐞

Words 1840

Words 1840

<コ:

"Hey, Ty?" I whisper, giggling as a nudge his shoulder. He looks to his side, lifting his eyebrows.

"What are you doing tonight?" I ask my question. He glances at my desk in thought.

"Mom is making pot roast." Tyler says back, and I slouch. I tap my fingers on the wooden desk before offering a reasoning.

"I was hoping I could use you as an excuse to get out of this stupid family get-together." I roll my eyes at my mom and her overly loving family.

He leans closer, lifting an eyebrow subtly. I finally alter my attention from my desk and look over at him. "Oh, well I could always eat leftovers. Where do you want to go?"

I think for a moment, leaning closer so he can hear me better. It's probably bluntly obvious that we are talking to each other while we are supposed to be writing down answers to this stupid pop quiz. But Mr. Stash isn't one to pick a fight with a student. He's rather sit behind his desk with his nose in his laptop as he stares at naked girls online. Anyways, back to the conversation. What were we talking about?... "I don't know. Maybe the river?"

He squints his eyes in thought, and I can tell by his facial expression it's too far for his liking. We haven't gone down there in a few months. Our parents would drive us up there, but ever since Tyler got his license he's been telling me it's too far for him to drive. He doesn't like driving that much, so I understand. I can't wait until I can get my actual license, and then I could be the designated driver. "I don't know..." he mumbles, and I know immediately he's trying to search his brain for a nice way to say no without actually saying it. He can never tell me no, and I try my best not to take advantage of that fact.

"Okay, so what else is there?" I lean in closer, and then all of the sudden a loud whistle breaks me from my concentration. I look up, and the whole class is staring at us. I quickly pull myself up, and straighten my posture.

"Kiss!" Someone says, and I roll my eyes, turning my body to face the board. Mr. Stash is looking over his glasses, looking at the class.

"Get back to work." He says sternly, and I don't hesitate to pick up my pencil and act like I know what I'm doing. I glance over to see Tyler's cheeks rosy, and he's fumbling with his pencil. I hope this didn't ruin our night. Everyone knows we're best friends, but there are still some kids who don't believe that's all we are.

Once the stupid pop quiz is over, I fling my bag on my shoulder and wait for Tyler. This was our last class so now it's off to my house. He's my ride to and from school. It's handy that he's only six houses down from me. Sounds like a lot, but honestly it's not that bad.

"Okay," I hear Tyler say under his breath as he walks past me towards the door. I follow quickly, catching up to him.

"You alright? I'm sorry about what happened, that was a little awkward..." I say, looking over to him to maybe read his expression.