ภเภє

Words 1480

Words 1480

<コ:彡

"Wake up!" I jump awake at someone shaking me and I pray to God that it's my mom. Although, I'm sure my mom wouldn't even come into my room to wake me. Unfortunately, it's Maddy.

"What?" I whine, not wanting to move.

"Tyler already paid for the wedding shit so he has to use it today. I'm driving you there so you can get him back."

"What?" I whine louder, flinging the blankets at her face. "Are you insane?"

"No! I'm trying to help you. Now get your ass up and let's go!" She cheers as if this isn't a totally bad idea. He'll hate me even more if I show up at the venue. But a part of me wants to try it... how much worse could it possibly get?

I sigh, pushing Maddy's hands from my forearms and nodding my head. "I'll get dressed. Get out." I snap, although I'm not mad at her. She doesn't seem to mind my annoyed behavior and skips out of the room.

"This is going to be great!" She calls as she goes down the stairs. Right... great...

<コ:彡

My nerves are going batshit crazy as she parks her car into the grass. I feel kind of bad for Tyler. He has to go through all of this shit without actually getting married. I know that I feel like a train wreck with anxiety. Of course, I'm sure he's only using the venue for dinner or something. I also feel bad that he had to tell everyone the wedding was off. I don't think I invited anyone but maybe my parents, even though I'm sure adult me has no relationship with them whatsoever. I'm assuming Tyler only invited his side of the family to this event too.

"So, he told me not to bring you, but I don't care what he says. You're my plus one instead of my husband." Maddy explains, nodding her head.

"You're insane."

"No, I'm just super determined to make you my sister-in-law. And if it goes south, then at least we tried right?" She gives me a soft smile and I shrug.

"I guess..."

She opens the doors to the venue, and I slowly walk in with a small smile on my face.

There's some people sitting at some tables, and others standing and conversing. I immediately lock my eyes on Tyler's skinny figure. He's talking with Josh, and his face is in his hands. I wonder if this is beating him up just as much as me. I've always wondered if the one who breaks off the relationship is in as much pain and the one who went through it.