TᏂɾҽҽ

Words 2660

Words 2660

<:

"When we get back tonight, we have to work on wedding planning." Tyler says, squeezing my thigh with his hand. "Our wedding is in a week and you still haven't picked your dress. I haven't written my vows, so I also have some work to do."

"Okay," I respond, because what else am I supposed to respond? No, we can't work on our wedding? I didn't even know we were planning one!

"Hey," Tyler says, and I look over at him. We are currently in the car on the way to the studio. As he focuses his attention on the road, he looks like he's trying to find the right words for something. He's always like this— at least his sixteen year old self. He always pauses and makes sure he says exactly what he wants. He never just says things. Sometimes it's annoying. The suspense is killing me! "Is..." he pauses again. Damn it... "is everything okay with you?" I furrow my eyebrows, and he continues, "I just... I mean... you've been really distant today, and I hope I didn't freak you out last night or scare you out of... this." He gestures towards us.

I wish I could ask what the hell happened last night. I know it has something to do with the fact I won't tell him 'I love you' but I'm not sure who exactly was mad at who. Was I mad at him for pushing me to answer him, or was he mad at me for not answering him? Or both? "I'm not... I just don't really remember that much of last night. I was really tired and I feel a little bit sick today. I've been feeling crappy and crampy with no period, and..." I go on with excuses, using my long excuse tactic but it doesn't work on him. He's sitting there listening to them all as I tell them. I soon run out of excuses that involve my period and I shut my mouth.

It goes silent, and I can't help but feel my anxiety rise to the surface. Tyler suddenly turns off the road and into a parking lot to some insight building. He parks the car and I begin to vocalize my confusion. "Ty, wha-"

"Why are you lying to me?" He looks at me sternly, his brows furrowed together. I've never seen him so... intense. "You've been acting strange all day. And when you rubbed your finger over the rim of your cup, you haven't done that in years after someone called you out on it and made you feel insecure about it." He rambles, "and don't get me started on how you rejected me to join you in the shower. What the fuck was that, y/n? What the fuck is happening with you? Tell me the truth." He pushes, his voice raising. Oh my god, I'm in trouble.

"You've been pressuring me lately! That's all you do, is pressure me this, pressure me that! I'm done with this bullshit, Tyler. You want me to do things I can't do for you, so why marry you if I can't be what you want? I could never be what you want so why do we even fucking try!?" I shout back at him, and I can't help the tears that well up behind my eyes. I feel relief wash over me as some heavy burden is lifted from my chest. It's true. I can't be what he wants. He shouldn't love me or like me or want me. He doesn't need me.