1

Atticus took the last two boxes from the moving truck and stacked them on top of each other. As she was standing in the lobby waiting for the elevator, she heard footsteps coming and a pair of eyes focused on her. She turned and saw a tall, lanky boy with a pile of curls on his head standing behind her, "You wanna help, or just check me out all day?", she joked with a smile.

"Oh, I-I uh s-sorry, I--um", he turned bright red, "Yeah, sorry let me get that for you.", he grabbed the box on the top and held it in his arms. She stuck out her hand, "Atticus, but you can call me Attici.", he was hesitant but shook her hand anyway.

"Dr. Spencer Reid"

Attici raised her eyebrows and smiled slightly as they stepped into the elevator, "Do you always introduce yourself as doctor?"

"Most of the time, yes"

"Well, Doc, would it be ok if I just called you Spencer?"

"Oh uh yeah, sorry. You could also call me just Reid."

"Well ok then", they stepped out of the elevator on the third floor and stopped in front of No. 319.

"Wait this is your apartment?", he furrowed his brows with a smile. She looked at him confused, "Um--yeah", she giggled.

"No way! My apartment's right across the hall", Attici pulled keys out of her pocket and started to fumble with them, "Here, I'll get that for you", Spencer put the box down and took the keys from her hand, unlocking the door. They stepped inside and put the boxes on the ground in the middle of the room, "Well, Doc, since you live right across the hall and I don't have any friends here yet, maybe you could be the first."

"Ye-yeah I'd like that", his phone beeped but he ignored it, "You know, I've lived here for eight years and I still don't have a lot of friends.", he gave her a tight-lipped smile before laughing with her. His phone beeped again, "S-sorry I gotta go".

"Oh--yeah, no problem. But I'll...see ya later?"

He grabbed the strap on his satchel, "Yeah, yeah uh I'll let you know when I come back", he smiled and then darted down the hallway. Attici stood before the hallway a little confused by what he meant, 'God he even runs like a dork'. Spencer stopped at the end of the hall and turned, "Bye Attici", he smiled.

"Bye Spencer", she smiled back.