13

Atticus rolled over and checked the time, 7:30 AM, she heard a rapid knocking on her front door. She swung it open while rubbing her eyes, "You have a key, ya know?", she uttered with irritation. 

"I know"

"So why do you insist on waking me up like this?"

"Because I wanted to check on you again before I left for work"

"Why? I'm fine"

He sighed, knowing that would be the most he could get out of her, "Ok, bye", he cupped her face and kissed her gently before starting down the hall. 

"Oh, and Spence if I find out, and trust me I will find out that you're using that tech girl to dig up shit about me, I'm gonna blow a fucking fuse. OK?"

"Understood", he gave a small smile as he raised his eyebrows. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was just a paperwork day at the BAU, so around noon, Spencer headed for Garcia's office. 

"You may enter the Batcave"

"Hey, I need you to do something for me"

"Oh no"

"What?"

"Whenever you ask me something like that, it's usually because you're doing something you're not supposed to. So what is it now?", PG laughed. 

"I just need you to find out as much as possible about Atticus"

"Last name?"

"Parker"

"Alrighty, well looks like Ms. Parker has been serving in the Marine Corps. for coming up on 8 years and she's worked her way up fairly quickly already a Staff Sergeant, I'm assuming you already know her address and work stuff?"

"Yeah, yeah I already know all this stuff"

"Well, it looks like everything from before her acceptance at Stanford is sealed"

"Can't you just unseal it?"

She scoffed, "Of course I can, but she's good Spencer. She's put up walls so that if anyone gains access to this stuff it'll notify her"

He thought carefully about what Att had said before, "It's fine, just do it"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes"

Garcia gasped as various windows appeared, "Throughout her childhood,she was admitted to the ER multiple times for 'accidents', black eyes, fractured ribs,--and small puncture wounds??", she continued, "A month before her 16th birthday she emancipated her parents' guardianship over her"

"That's i--"

"Nope, I am not done. Her juvie records go all the way back to when she was 12 and ends at 15, most charges are for fighting and vandalization but all charges were dropped--", she was cut off by a knock on the door. They looked at each other for a second before Spencer pulled it open.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing? Huh?", Atticus walked towards him forcing him to take steps backward, "I thought I made myself pretty clear when I said to stay out it, but apparently I didn't! Spencer, when I tell you to do something it's always for a god damn reason! Why don't you understand that? Do have any idea, how much you just royally fucked the both of us?!"

"No", he muttered quietly.

She threw up her arms sarcastically, "Oh! Would you look at that the genius, Spencer Reid doesn't know something! And on top of choosing to ignore everything I said this morning, you learned absolutely nothing useful. Did you?"

"Not really no"

"Which is exactly why I told you--To. Stay. Out. Of. It.", she had cornered him up against the wall at this point. Spencer's breathing hitched, 'If looks could kill', he thought to himself. 

"Atti, if you're in trouble I need to know why. I can help"

She was on her way out when she turned, "I don't need you.", she spat at him before storming out and running down the stairs. 

The rest of his team appeared in the doorway, "What the hell was that Kid?", Rossi questioned. 

"I don't know yet"

"Was that...?", Emily started. 

"The girl from the diner? Yes"

"JJ owes me 20 bucks"

"What?"

"We've had this bet going for years about what you're type is", she snickered and he rolled his eyes. 

Reid attempted to get a hold of Atticus several times but she never responded. He turned the key to her apartment and as the door fell open, he saw the disarray that was everywhere. 

"Garcia, can you get everyone else on the line please?"

"Alright, you're all on with Reid"

"I need your guys' help, Garcia can you send everyone this address"

"You got it"

The rest of the team arrived, Spencer was still standing in the doorway with a vacant expression on his face. 

"What's going on?", Hotch started to question. 

There was a pause, "She's gone"

"What? Who?"

"Atticus, she's--she's missing"

"Maybe she just went out for a bit", Morgan suggested. 

"No", Spencer raised his voice a little, "She's military and a perfectionist, everything has a certain place, she would never just leave with everything like this", he explained looking at the papers and miscellaneous items strewed across the floor. He pulled on a pair of gloves and took a step into the apartment. He picked up what looked to be the tip of a needle and saw that there was a small stain of blood next to it.

"We have to find her."