6

"Hello?", Atti's teeth were chattering. 

"Hi"

"Hey, payphone boy"

He laughed, "I'm just calling to say I haven't died yet"

"Good, I was starting to get a little worried when you didn't call for three days"

"Yeah, I know--sorry. How was work?"

"How'd ya know?", she giggled. 

"Whenever I'm out of town, you pick up extra shifts at the diner because you don't like being alone."

"Ok, I'm gonna choose to ignore how fucking sad that sounds", she giggled, "And answer your original question, it kinda really sucked"

Spencer laughed, "Why, what happened?"

"Ok, get this", she broke out in laughter, "Oh my god, you're not gonna believe this. Ok, so this lady comes in with her son, he's like 9 or 10 maybe. Ya know, the perfect age to be a dick. So, I walk past their table and I have 2 fucking trays in my hands and her little brat spills fucking juice all over my god damn uniform"

"Att, breathe"

"Right, sorry. Spencer, you know me, I have a habit of losing my temper rather quickly. But I didn't this time, really. I look at the mom and I'm like, 'Oh don't worry about that it's ok', and she has the fucking audacity to look me dead in the eyes and say, 'Yeah, it better be because you're the one who knocked it over'. What! In what fucking world does that make any sense! My arms were nowhere fucking near the table, Spence! I just--"

"Atti, why don't you just quit? It's not like you need the job"

"No, I know, but then what would I do while you're away?", she lowered her voice, "I wish you were here"

"Why? You miss me?", he chuckled. 

"No", she lied defensively, "Because it's freezing here, and you have a car."

"Are you walking home?"

"Yeah"

"Why?"

"Uh, it's kinda hard to ride a Harley in a dress", she giggled again. 

"Right, well stay safe"

"I know, dummy"

"Ok, well I gotta go pretty girl"

"Ok, bye"

"Bye" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: I feel like I should mention that her nickname is pronounced Att-uh-see and not Att-uh-kee lmao. also sorry this is short