12

Garcia was able to track the IP address to somewhere in Seattle. Atticus confirmed to Spencer that she didn't know anyone in the area, "Why the fuck would I know someone halfway across the country?"

"I don't know, you're weird"

"Gee, thanks"

"You know that's not how I meant it, you're just full of surprises.", he smiled.

"Spencer, are you flirting with someone right now?", Penelope laughed suggestively. 

"What? NO!"

"Alright", she was clearly not convinced, "Well let whoever know that I'm extremely impressed by their coding skills, took me 20 minutes to get onto the frequency"

"Will do", Atti smiled, clearly proud of herself. 

"Oh, wait!", Att called out as she took the phone from Spencer's hand, "Hi, I know you don't know me, but could you look up some names for me?"

"Why of course, strange mystery woman"

Attici giggled and listed the names of her siblings off one by one and wrote the phone numbers down that Garcia had recited to her, "Great, thank you so much!"

"Of course, happy to be of service! Oh, shoot. Sorry, Reid looks like we've got a case"

"Ok, I'll see you soon", he hung up the phone and kissed Atti a quick goodbye. 

Spencer got off the elevator on the sixth floor to see one Penelope Garcia standing there waiting for him, "Sooo...who's this mystery 'friend'", she smiled and he rolled his eyes. 

He started walking towards the bullpen as she scurried close behind in her heels, trying to keep up with his wide strides, "Come on, Reid! Give it up! You know the rules, if there is gossip to be had then I have to know!"

H didn't respond, "We could do this the easy way", she teased playfully, "Or I could just check your phone records"

Spencer stopped dead in his tracks, "You wouldn't"

"Oh, but I would"

He turned to face her and sighed, "Fine, her name's Atticus--"

"Wait! Like the girl from the diner?", he nodded, pressing his lips together tightly., "No way! You actually talked to her?"

"Well, kind of. I knew her before any of that happened--"

"So that is why you kept staring at her. I had no idea you liked the bad girls, 187"

"Why does everyone keep saying that?"

"Everyone? Who else knows?"

"Just Morgan and now you, so I'm expecting this to stay between us."

"I can't believe you have a secret girlfriend!", she squealed. 

"She's not my girlfriend", she furrowed her brows, "It's...complicated", he shrugged. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spencer got back later that night after finding the missing boy, he walked up to Att's apartment put stopped in front of the door as he heard yelling from the other side. 

"Fuck!", she screamed and threw her phone against the wall, watching it shatter, "Damn it! Why am I so fuck stu--", she stopped as she turned and saw Spencer standing there concerned. 

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing", she said sternly, "Not important", she lied. The last thing she needed was Spencer getting involved in the mess that was her old life. Atti stormed over to her kitchen cabinet and pulled out a bottle of vodka and a small glass. She slammed the glass down on the counter and it shattered in her hand as Spencer bent down to pick up what was left of her phone. 

She winced as the blood started dripping down the edge of her palm, "Shit!"

Reid walked toward her with worry all over his face, "Are you ok?"

"Go into my bathroom and in the top drawer below the sink there should be a first aid kit"

He retrieved it and walked back, placing it on the counter. She grabbed a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and poured it on her wound over the sink. Digging through the box she pulled out a sterilized needle and some thread, she pulled the thread through with her teeth and began stitching herself up. Atticus winced once more as she reached the end of the wound and tied a small not with her teeth, she finished by taking a piece of gauze and taping it over the fresh stitches. 

Spencer looked at her, the concern on his face growing by the second, "What is going on?"

She shot daggers at him, "I said, it's not important. So just drop it.", she breezed past him and sat down on her couch nursing the bottle of vodka, like a baby would a bottle.

He tossed the pieces of her phone onto the coffee table in front of her, "Clearly it was something important to make you react like that"

"I just lost my temper, that's all. It happens all the time, you know that"

"Sure, yeah, but never like that. You shattered glass and then gave yourself stitches, what the hell was that?"

"Spencer, just let it g--"

"No, I don't understand why you're shutting me ou--"

"I'm not!"

"Yes, you are!", he kept rambling but Atticus couldn't bring herself to focus on the words that were leaving his lips, "I can help, please just let m--"

"Oh my god, shut the fuck up!", she stood up and grabbed his face, kissing him in annoyance to silence him, "Jesus Christ", she muttered to herself as she walked away with the bottle and slammed her bedroom door behind her. She ripped open a drawer, pulling out her notebook, and scribbling a string of words in red ink. She slammed it closed and heard Spence knocking on the door softly. He entered and saw her lying in bed face down, her hand hanging over the edge with the now half-empty bottle, "What?", her words were muffled. He sat on the edge of her bed and traced patterns onto her back lightly, she let out a sigh. Every once in a while she would lift her head up to take a few sips until the bottle was empty and she placed it on the stand next to her. 

Atti got up and sloppily changed into her pajamas before stumbling back into bed and falling asleep within a few minutes. Spencer swapped the old vodka bottle for two Advil and a glass of water before kissing her on the cheek and going back to his own apartment.