Chapter 11

I woke up around 7p.m. at night and noticed that my mum messaged me asking what I was doing about half an hour ago. I quickly got up to reply her that I just woke up and to text me the location where she and Aaron would meet up with her. Few seconds she replied

To: Aurelia

From: MOM ❤👩‍🦰

Bada Sikdang. Just tell the driver and he'll take you there, sweetie.

To: MOM ❤👩‍🦰

From: Aurelia

Alright see you soon.

I put phone on the nightstand and went to wash up because almost half the day I was in the air and my face and skin is just so dry. I washed up and wore a leg warmer under my jeans and another wooly sweater and I was off. I went down to the lobby and was honestly surprised that the driver that drove us here was already waiting for me outside while standing near the car door which was just waiting to be open. When I got into the car I told him the place and he just gave a head nod. 

The drive was full of silence except for the radio which was at minimal volume. I mean I don't usually do small talk and now adding the fact that I don't speak fluent Korean to have a conversation with the driver. I just plugged in my ear buds and closed my eyes and rest. Soon the car came to a halt outside a restaurant with brick walls indicating that I've reached my destination. I walked in the shop and was greeted by a middle age woman and I scanned the restaurant for my mom and Aaron and I immediately saw my mom's slightly brown hair. I walked over to them and my mum gave me a small smile and sat down. Aaron was engrossed with his phone.

"Hey mum, hey brother." I said to my mum and ruffled Aaron's hair. He shot me a glare and got back to his phone.

"Hi, sweetie." She said with a small smile.

"Where's dad?" I couldn't help but ask even though at the back of my mind I knew it was the wrong thing to ask because mum and I knew where he was or at least what he was doing. Aaron seemed unfazed by the question.

"He's working honey." My mum replied softly while wiping the utensils with a tissue paper.

"It's a family trip." I can't help but say, even though again it was a dick question for my mum to answer considering she must be hurt by the fact that her husband is not here. My mum just looked at me and decided not to answer me and got back to wiping the utensils just trying to seem busy. But I just couldn't stop myself from saying "Mum, he's a dick of a husband and father you know that right? I can't believe after all these years you're still together with him. Why can't you leave him? Is it the money you're after? Is it? Is that why you can't bear to leave him?"

Everything happened so fast, I didn't even notice how fast she put everything in her hand down, until my cheek felt a slight sting that I knew she hit me. In public. My mum has never ever hit me in public. I mean sure when I was little she would hit me as punishment but it was always done at home and never in public. Aaron who was sitting beside me was shocked to say the least. I looked around and saw that everyone was looking at our table. Poor him. Suddenly not caring whether Aaron knew the man he worshipped was a cheating husband and dick of a father or the fact that everyone is looking at us, I got up and left the restaurant not wanting to eat anymore.

I somehow feel a slight remorse from saying the stuff I said just now. Gosh. I don't know what got a hold of me honestly. It really is an awful family trip and day one hasn't even ended yet. I walked around the neighborhood of where the restaurant was located and noticed there were a lot of pubs and bars around the corner.

It must be a sign for me to drink, I thought to myself. Well, I'm alone and there won't be anyone to bug me or force me to have fun and let loose so why not? It's not like I don't drink or anything. It really all depends on how I'm feeling and right now I feel like I need a drink or two.

Simply just going into a bar, I sat at the barstool and ordered myself a mojito. Luckily, the bartender didn't ask for any ID, not that I'm scared or anything because even though I'm 19, in Korea I'm considered as 20 years old which is the legal drinking age. I looked around and saw it was quite packed. I mean it is a Friday night. Men were seen flirting and women were seen playing hard to get and flashing their best flirtatious smiles. I sighed thinking back to the situation that happened just now. I really shouldn't have said all those stuff to my mum and in front of Aaron too. If he didn't know or suspect anything before, me saying all those stuff just now just made him aware of it or maybe even confirms his suspicions towards our father. And my mum, she loved him since the day they met. My dad's love for her faded away and died but it wasn't the same for my mum. She still loved him with all her heart and was with him not because of money. Fuck, how am I gonna face her.

I honestly just dug myself a deep hole. This day couldn't possibly get any worse. I checked my phone for the time. 8:30p.m. It showed on the screen. I downed my mojito and ordered another one which I'm probably going to regret later but I push the nagging voice out of my mind as the bartender placed another drink in front of me and sipped on the straw and staring into space just thinking about how I'm going to go back to the hotel tonight and face my mum. I was so into my thoughts that I didn't realized that someone has decided to occupy the barstool next to mine.

"Fancy seeing you here." A familiar voice said.

I turned my head slightly but still sipping, or more like biting, on the straw to look at the person. Noah Jung in the flesh.