Chapter 29 - Noah's POV

T W O M O N T H S L A T E R

Noah's POV

It has been two months since Aurelia moved into my apartment with me in New York. We had her families' funeral as soon as we got back which was on the 28th. It was her idea. She said she didn't want to drag it into the New Year because the start of a new year determines how the rest of the year is gonna be like. She doesn't want her New Year to begin sad so we had it before the year ended. To say it was hard for her was an understatement. It was pure torture for someone watching your family members being lowered into the ground, leaving you behind. It was exceptionally hard when it was her brother's turn. She broke down immediately, she was yelling out Aaron's name saying she was sorry that it was all her fault. 

People looked at her with pity. Those who attended the funeral were majority of Ethan's business associates and partners. Both her parents were single children and Aurelia's grandparents passed away before she was even born. Aaron's school friends came too. Some also shed tears watching their school's star athlete being buried. We couldn't even leave after they were buried. Aurelia had to stay back as they were some of her father's business associates who wanted to know how everything happened and stuff, forcing Aurelia to relive it when she herself was in no condition to do so. She was still healing as it happened merely two days ago.

Fucking busybodies.

Aurelia directed their attention to me as I was now the owner of her father's company. The old men were shocked to see such a young chap taking over almost 20 years of business but they should know better than to underestimate me. I could just kill them with a single bullet between their eyes. After almost three hours of 'catching up', both Aurelia and I went back to her old house to pack everything to move to my place and she sold the house. She said she didn't have a need to come back because it would just bring back memories both happy and sad. She was scared that she couldn't get over it so she sold it. 

Her mother, father and brother's stuff were all given to charity or auctioned. Both of us celebrated New Years' at home. Our home. Cuddled on the couch and just watching the fireworks. I did my best making her laugh and smile. I would always surprise her with gifts and flowers, leave occasional post – it notes on the fridge wishing her good morning if I had to go to the office early, take her out n surprise dinners. I thought she was fine. But I was wrong. Very wrong.

Just about a month ago, I found out she tried to kill herself and had cuts all over her thighs, wrists and stomach.

"Lia, I'm home." I sang as I walked into our home and took off my coat and threw my keys into the bowl. The apartment was quiet. The lights were off which I found weird because normally Aurelia would turn on the radio and listen to whatever was on it and danced while she cooked dinner for the two of us.

I just assumed that she went out and went to the kitchen to see if she left a note which she also didn't. Not thinking much about it I went into our room to take out my clothes and shower. I took of my white dress shirt and took a towel and what I saw when I opened the bathroom door terrified me to death.

Aurelia. Laying in her clothes in crimson water with her arm hanging out of the bathtub. Drops of blood dropping to the bathroom floor, staining it.

"Fuck!" I shouted and went towards her.

"Aurelia! Aurelia! Baby! Please don't leave me!!!" I shook her a little but there was no reaction. I saw her wrists slit up, her thighs had deeper wounds. I quickly carried her out of the bathtub and the culprit fell on the floor. A blade. I changed her into dry clothes and that's when I saw that she had cut her stomach too.