Chapter 18 - Noah's POV

Noah's POV

I didn't know what came over me when I kissed her forehead and hugged her. I never thought that behind all the cameras and tabloids and the files that I've been given about her, her life was anything but glamorous and picture perfect. She doesn't know what her father does or did. She doesn't know that the whores he brings home are actually all trafficked. She doesn't know that her father was involved in one of the country's largest human trafficking ring. All she knows is that he was never home and was always fucking around, leaving his wife distraught, his daughter resenting him and his son who just wants a male figure to look up to. 

It had been around half an hour since Aurelia stopped crying, now she was just sniffling in my arms. We were still in an uncomfortable position where we had the cup holders placed in between us and I was stretching over to engulf her. I couldn't say it hurt my back and waist because all I want is for Aurelia to be okay. Knowing that those tears were caused by that bastard made me want to end him even more and soon. Now the difficulty of that task just doubled because I was supposed to end her entire family but I couldn't do it to Aurelia... I just couldn't...I was starting to regret taking up this mission because I think I'm starting to fall for this girl. I caressed her back, hoping it would soothe her, calm her and from how her breathing gradually became stable, it seems to work. She slowly pulled back from my embrace.

"Thanks for that..." She said softly while wiping her face from the wetness her tears left.

"Hey... it's fine." I reached out and pushed a few strands of her that covered her face behind her ear.

"I'm sorry... I don't know what came over me." She was embarrassed.

"Like I keep saying it's fine." I looked at her, from my previous encounters with her, I have been studying her, remembering each and every part of her. Like her luscious, pouty lips, like her dimple on the right side of her cheek, like her stunning big dark brown eyes, like how she's annoyed she would always frown and bite her lower lip and huffed.

I put the car in drive as I turned back to the road. Aurelia just sat quietly beside me which to my surprise I have not be accustomed to. She was always talking, asking questions, annoying the fuck out of me. But this time she did not. She just gazed out on the night lights in Seoul as we passed by. The night was still young and I wanted to cheer her up. So I drove pass the turning point of her hotel.

"You just passed by my hotel." She got up from her seat and looked at me.

"I know. You're not going back yet." I said.

"Where are you taking me?" She questioned.

"Aurelia, you know I won't tell you right?" Because quite frankly I'm not sure where I'm taking her either. I just thought that if I drove around I could come up with something. Besides, seeing her so broken and distraught I thought that she could use the drive, I internally shrugged.

I drove further to the outskirts and figured I would take her to the beach for a walk, not caring about the cold. Aurelia sat up once she saw the shore and she opened the windows, letting the cold refreshing wind blow against her face. Not more than five minutes she quickly rolled up the windows and her teeth began chattering. I laughed at that sight.

"Well.... That..... wasn't m – my be – best i – i – idea.." She humorlessly laughed as she chattered.

"It's gotta be at least 0 degrees Celsius tonight, Aurelia and we're by the beach." I laughed.

"S – Stop laugh – laughing.." She rubbed her two hands together and stuffed it under her armpits to keep them warm. I just continued laughing as I pulled up to the beach.

"Wait here." I told her. I got down from the car and went to the trunk to get a thick blanket which I have no idea why I put it in my truck but it came in handy today. I went to her side and opened the door for her. As soon as she got out, I draped the blanket over her. The blanket swallowed her small size figure. She sighed in content of the warmness and said a small 'thank you'.

"Come on." I nudged her and we walked together. The beach was quiet with only the two of us and the sound of the waves crashing onto the shore. Well, we were the only idiots who would come to the beach at night during winter. Correction: I was the only idiot. Away from the polluted city, the stars could be easily seen in the night sky. They were shinning brightly above us. We walked in silence. It was awkward or anything, I'm sure Aurelia had a lot on her mind and I just gave her some space to think about it. With both my parents gone at such a young age, I never really known to have any problems with my uncle. He would train me military style and I respected him as my boss.

"Noah..." Aurelia called out from behind me.

"Yeah?" I turned around. I could see that the blanket was slightly dragging behind.

"Can we sit down?" She pointed to the trunk.

"Sure." I walked up to her and sat down with her sitting next to me.

"Here." She placed half of the blanket on my shoulders so that we were both getting some warmth from it. We sat there listening to the sounds of the waves crashing and occasionally cars passing by. The whole thing felt peaceful, no talking, just being in the presence of each other was rather nice for a change. We were always in some kind of heated bickering mode every time we met but this time it was all just calm and soothing.

"You know I wish we had a choice in choosing our families." Aurelia said breaking the silence.

"Oh sweetheart, you don't mean that." I turned my attention to her as she stared out to the sea.

"I do..." She trailed off.

"You don't mean that. Don't resent your whole family because of your dad. It's not fair to your mum or your brother." I said.

She started to sniffle again. I grabbed her head and placed it on my shoulder and she turned towards my chest to hide all her snobs and tears. I did what I did in the car, I caressed her back hoping her snobs and tears would calm down and dry.