Chapter 31

"Noah?" I turned to face him. We finished dinner and are now lounging on the couch watching a movie.

"Yes, Aurelia?" Noah was engrossed in the movie and didn't really look at me.

"I want to find who the real killer is." I spoke.

"What..?" Noah's face turned slightly grim and he looked down at me.

"Yeah. I wanna know who the real killer is and why he wanted to kill my dad." I said. I've been wanting to find who the real killer was and the motive behind my father's murder. Even though I don't like him but because both my brother and mother got dragged into this mess because of him. I had no other choice but to start asking questions beginning from my father.

"Why?" Noah asked, his face void of emotion.

"I just want to know. I guess it's a form of closure. I feel that I can't move forward without knowing the real reason why he was killed." I said softly.

"Are you sure you want this?" Noah asked. His face was expressionless. I've never seen him like this except for the first few times that we've met.

"Yeah. Why? Do you think I shouldn't be looking for answers?"

"No. You should. You should have some closure. But I'm afraid that you wouldn't be able to handle the truth." Noah said. I was shocked. Did he think that I was some little girl that couldn't be able to handle knowing the ugly truth behind my father's murder? Did he think that after attempting to kill myself once I was weak? That I would kill myself again after knowing the truth. My shock must be evident on my face because Noah opened this mouth and said "Baby, it's not what you think.. Seeing you hurt yourself was one of the most painful, heartbreaking encounters in my life. I never ever ever want to see it happen again. I can't lose you Aurelia. I love you so much and I don't want to lose you."

Noah's voice now was filled with so much emotion. His face was scrunched up with despair, fear and hurt.

"Noah, I really want to know. I want to have closure no matter how ugly the truth is. I want to know who the killer is and why he killed my father. I promise you that if I find the truth to hard to bear I'll come to you." I cupped his face in my hand and looked at him intently but his eyes just kept wavering around not focusing on me. He looked everywhere but just not at me.

"Noah. I. Promise. You." I said sternly.

"Alright, Lia." He let out a breath and sighed. "I'll make some calls and let you know as soon as possible."

"Okay." I nodded.

We both continued watching the movie. Noah would tickle me out of nowhere and I would hit him and he would fake cry and I would hit him again making him fake cry plus wailing louder. He would then pout and say he wants a kiss. I would peck his lips but he caught mine and never let my lips go. It turned into a make out session with the movie playing as white noise. Eventually, he let me go and he then carried me to bed and we would cuddle together and fall asleep in each other's arms.

It was now March and my classes were gonna start in another two days. Still no news from Amy and I also didn't really bother calling her up to check on her. Not using my dead family as an excuse but dude my family died and she didn't have the decency to call and check – up? She didn't even come to the funeral. I sigh just thinking about it. There was no use in holding a grudge. I would see her in another two days and maybe then she'll tell me what was going on with her.

It was now nearly noon and I made my way to the kitchen to prepare lunch for Noah. I made a simple club sandwich for both of us and packed into a lunch box and put it into a bag. I went to take a quick shower before making my way to my father's office which was now Noah's. I made sure everything was turned off and locked before heading off on my daily walk to the office. It was a nice sunny afternoon. There were no clouds in the sky. It was clear as fuck. The streets were filled with people on their phones or a cup of coffee in their hands. Even though it was lunch hour, everyone was still somehow working. That's the busy life of New York. A vibration came from my back pocket telling me that I got a message. I took it out and saw that it was a message from Noah.

Hey babe. Just give me 5 more mins. I'm finishing up a meeting. You can wait in the office for me.

I wanted to type in my response but I bummed into someone. Thank the heavens I did not fall down and spill the contents in the bag.

"Oh! I'm sorry. I wasn't looking." I quickly apologized.

"No problem, pretty lady." The guy said. He had tousled brown hair and a clear face with a little bit of freckles on his nose. He had sparkling blue eyes which could get anyone trapped in them. He had this typically boyish grin. God he's a fuckboy. He was dressed in a plain white tee with a jacket and blue washed jeans.

"Alright." I began to walk away but was stopped when he grabbed ahold of my arm.

"What's your name?" The fuckboy asked.

"None of your business." I snapped.

"I'm Tyler." He shamelessly said.

"I have a boyfriend." I retorted.

"Too bad. You and I could have had some fun." He smirked.

"Eww!! Get the fuck off!!" I shouted and pulled my hand out of his hold and walked away.

Ughhh.. stupid guys.. can't seem to fucking take a hint.

I continued my way to Noah's office. As I got into the lobby of the company, I was greeted by Sarah, the front desk, she knew me before she even knew Noah seeing as I was my father's daughter I had been here a few times. Now with Noah in charge I've been here more times than I can count. I went straight to the elevator and pressed Noah's floor and slowly waited for the elevator to arrive at its destination.

I stepped out as soon as the elevator dinged and headed to Noah's office. Noah renovated his entire office as it used to be my father's. I didn't ask him to do it. He just did. The office used to be a dark interior but now it was white. Complete opposites, I know.

"Noah!!" I ran to him as soon as I saw him sitting at his desk and looking at the laptop seriously.

"Hey Lia." He said without bringing his gaze to me. I saw that he was busy doing something that involved a lot of numbers and stuff. Not my forte. I hugged his neck and gave him a small kiss and opened his lunch box for him. There were some fries too. I took one and stuffed it in his mouth which he gladly bit it.

"Thanks Lia. Just gimme a sec." Noah said.

"Alright." I took a fry and put it in my mouth. It was his but I'm sure he didn't even notice that I stole from him.