Chapter 20

I have spent the last twenty – four hours or so preparing myself mentally for the Christmas Eve dinner with Noah. I'm afraid of overthinking this dinner because I would practically still call both of us newly friends. Not strangers anymore but not 'friend' friends. But somehow I feel more for him than just friends. The way he doesn't judge me and the way he pays complete attention to me, it's not something I've experienced before. His touch is so gentle and tender. The way he wraps his arms around me to comfort me when I'm crying, the way he rubs my back soothingly. It just felt really nice and warm and made my stomach explode with butterflies. I also can't wrap my head around the fact that he asked me stay with him that night. Why? Is he the type of guy that just randomly ask girls to stay with him after a first date?

Wait. It was not a date. It was a 'thank you for saving me and taking care of me' dinner.

And secondly, Noah doesn't seem like the type of guy who would have meaningless flings and randomly ask girls back to his place after the first date. He always seems to have his walls up and doesn't let anyone in so he doesn't look like one who have so many flings because I somehow feel like he would find it such a hassle.

Wow Lia suddenly you think you can analyze people and figure them out because you're studying psychology, I could feel my conscience deadpan.

I immediately shove her to the back of my head.

After Noah dropped me off and I went to bed, I didn't wake up until it was around noon. Mum and Aaron were out. I don't even know where that prick of a father went and I don't want to know either. So I spent the whole day in the hotel. I basically chilled in the hot tub and ordered room service and Netflix the whole day and maybe slightly thinking about Noah and the dinner which was due to happen in less than 48 hours until it was around 5 in the evening when mum and Aaron came back from their exploring. My mum asked what I did the whole day and I told her that I stayed in the hotel room and she called me lazy and I told her "you spend you much money on a hotel room the best you could do is use their facilities if not the money spent would go to waste" which we just quietly nodded and went to our room. 

Aaron and I's relationship is on dangerous waters. Both of us barely said ten words to each other and we just nod every time we see each other. I honestly couldn't care less. I just cannot take the betrayal of it. I thought he didn't know but he did and he still treats the sperm donor the same. It's bad enough that mum is a love sick puppy around him and will support him no matter what he does. I don't need another family member worshipping the devil too.

Sometimes it feels like I'm the only sane person in this family.

*

Noah texted me around 9 in the morning on Christmas Eve saying he would pick me up at around 5p.m. which was pretty early and that was all he said. He didn't tell me what to wear and I don't know where he's taking me. I obviously didn't bring a dinner dress or any dress because who would have brought a dress on a trip? It's not every day a random hot stranger asks me out to dinner and didn't even give me a choice. I stood in front of my two suitcases while clothes were littered everywhere, on the bed, on the floor, in the suitcase unfolded. I just couldn't decide what to wear. A knock sounded from the door. My mum peeked in to see what I was doing. I didn't tell her about the date.

No it's not a date, Aurelia.

"Hi, Lia. Oh my what happened in here?" Mum was shocked to see all my clothes scattered everywhere.

"Just trying to pick out something to wear for dinner tonight." I faced my mum and then back to my suitcases while having my hands on my hips just thinking what to wear.

"Are you going out?" She questioned.

"Yeah, mum." I blandly replied.

"It's Christmas Eve. I thought we could spend time together as a family." My mum sounded hurt that I didn't tell her about dinner with Noah.

Feeling bad I turned around and walked towards her and pulled her in a hug and sighed. "Mum, I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier but I can't cancel now. I made the plan on Tuesday so this plan came first before yours. We can always have dinner tomorrow on Christmas Day."

She looked even hurt probably thinking why I didn't put family first which lead her to ask, "Alright. Who are you going out with?"

"A friend."

"Is the friend which you went out with on Tuesday?"

"Yes?" I answered which came out as more of a question.

"Did this 'friend' tell you the dress code?" She asked walking forward to my littered clothing.

"No unfortunately." I sighed.

"You should just pair it with a simple black turtleneck and a pair of jeans and have your brown trench coat over it. Simple and even if he does take you to a fancy restaurant you would stand out too much." She said picking up the clothing but one of her words stunned me.

"What? No it's not a he." I said defensively.

"Oh, Lia. You're nineteen. It's fine honestly." She assured. And I just silently went to the bathroom to change. I didn't do anything to my hair and left it at it's natural curls. For my make up I just dabbed a little blush and put on some mascara and then finished it with my red lipstick. With that I finished and went down to the lobby. As soon as I got down, I received a text from Noah.

From: Noah 👿

To: Aurelia

I'm here. Come down when you're ready. <3

Damn he was early. Thank god I, unlike most girls, don't take long to get ready. I saw him in his usual BMW and went towards his car.

"Hey." I said as soon as I got in and buckled myself.

"Hey, you look beautiful." Noah compliment, his eyes racking down my outfit. The turtleneck was a little tight and it outlined my boobs perfectly.

"Okay shut up and drive." I dismissed his compliment.

"Learn to take a compliment, babe." Noah teased but drove off anyway.

"So.. where are we going?" I questioned.

"My place." He bluntly said.

"What? You couldn't get me to go home with you that night. So you asked me to dinner tonight to get me to go to your place?" I said suddenly all defensive.

"No, Aurelia. God! I was gonna cook for you." He said while turning towards to face me and keeping his eyes on the road at the same time.

"You cook?"

"Yes. I've lived alone for most of my life. So it was a skill I needed to learn. I couldn't live off takeout and frozen foods all the time now can I?" He joked.

"Alright..." I said giving in. It's not like I'm trying to play hard to get. I barely remember what sleeping with Noah was like. I passed out. I've only been in one other relationship and to say that it hurt me bad was an understatement. He was honestly a prick with an ego bigger than his dick.

We drove in silence until we reached the familiar underground car park. We got out and went up to Noah's place and he started cooking.

"Make yourself at home." He smiled, rolled up his sleeves and went to the kitchen.

"Sure. Is there anything you need help with?" I shrugged off my coat and followed him.

"No. Sit down." He abruptly turned, forcing me to knock into his chest. I looked up to him and he tugged my hair behind my hair. He grabbed the sides of both of my arms and walked me to the bar chairs which were situated at the bar countertop and sat me down. He touched my nose and made a 'boop' sound and said "Sit your little ass down and make sure it stays there."

I got stunned by his actions. The arrogant asshole Noah I knew at the club and the airport was gone. It was now replaced the adorable and caring Noah which made my butterflies flutter uncontrollably and made my heart beat faster like I had just run a freaking marathon. Oh god, I think I'm falling.. for Noah.