Chapter 12

I turned my head back to the front and continued staring into space, ignoring him. I regretted saying what I said earlier. This day DID get worse. But I'm not surprised seeing him here. I swear I feel like he's stalking me or following me. There's no way this is just mere coincidence. Just then, his comment at the airport popped into my head, when I asked him how he knew my name and he said that he would tell me the next time he saw me and he said "Trust me, we will."

"No snark remark or comment? What happened to that feistiness of yours?" Noah pestered, trying to get a reaction out of me.

Ignored again.

"Seriously little girl?" Noah continued with a smirk. I turned to look at him because he knew just how to get a reaction out of me just by saying that stupid name.

But I ignored again and continued sipping my drink until I hit the bottom and was only sucking in air. I waved the bartender and he knew already what I wanted and brought it to me.

"Woah, sweetheart. Take it easy." Noah said with somehow a hit of care detected in his voice. I mean I could have misread it but I couldn't care less about him right now.

More ignoring.

*

As the night went on, I thought if I ignored Noah long enough he would leave me be and go back to what he was doing before he spotted me. BUT NO! He got comfy and ordered a whiskey and sat beside me. We were both sitting in silence. He must have given up trying to get me to talk so we both stared into space, deep in our own thoughts. 

Soon around 12 midnight and about 6 glasses of mojitos later, I decided that it was time to call it a night. I turned the stool to face the aisle and stood up on the footrest attempting to jump down and as I stood up I began swaying and fell into the warm embrace of the man I've been trying not to acknowledge the whole night. I quickly collected myself and made my way towards the exit. It was pretty hard for someone who had 6 mojitos, I think, to walk to the exit but I did it. But as soon as I walked through the exit, a wave of cold air slapped me in the face. Gosh it was like knives poking at my face and I could feel my lips instantly cracking up. I regret not bringing a mask out. I pulled my winter jacket further up in hopes of it covering my lips because I also forgot to bring my lip gloss out!

Just great, really, I said in my head.

I began walking to find a taxi. I didn't want to trouble my father's driver, which I have yet to learn his name, because it was already 12a.m.. I was basically aimlessly walking around until I found myself in some dark part of the neighborhood where people were huddled in alley ways smoking and chatting. There were alarms going off in my head to turn around and go back to where I came from but my feet weren't cooperating. They just continued to walk forward. Two men in particular caught my attention from the corner of my eye because they were walking towards me! 

They were saying something in Korean to each other and as they walked towards me, I could see that evil and perverted smirk on both of the men's face. I began backing out slowly but one of the men who was wearing a black windbreaker grabbed my arm and I was yanked towards him. He said something to me through his cigarette breath but I couldn't make out anything. I was now shaking and mentally slapped myself for being the nice person that I didn't want to trouble my father's driver. If I had called him all of this could have been avoided. I tried to pulled my arm but the guy who was wearing the windbreaker had a tight grip on me. I opened my mouth to start screaming for help but his friend had his dirty hands over my mouth the minute he saw me open it. Fuck, his hand smelt like cigarettes.

I was now squirming like a caterpillar that was sprayed with pesticide. They dragged me to a dark alleyway and threw me against the wall.

"Fuck!" I screamed out. I was already having a headache from all the alcohol and now my head was banged against the wall. I felt myself losing consciousness. I heard the sound of a belt unbuckling and a zip sliding down which made me try to stay awake much longer. I began backing up further even though I was already against the wall. I was so terrified but I couldn't move.

Suddenly, the sound of police sirens was heard and the two men looked at each other frantically. The one who took off their pants, I couldn't see clearly who, quickly wore them and buckled the belt and both of them scattered away. I laid there trying to catch my breath for a while. I tried to push myself to stand up but being intoxicated and then was in a near rape situation drained everything out of me. I was so tired from today. 

I was planning to sleep in that dark alleyway until I heard footsteps walking towards me. I opened my eyes slightly to see through my hair covering my face, a man wearing a black trench coat and black and white sneakers walk towards me. But as soon as he bent down I got a clearer view of him, he pushed my hair that was covering my face and like that I got a good look at him. Dark green eyes. I closed my eyes again and he picked me up and carried me bridal style out of the alleyway. I leaned into his chest seeking the warmth of it and drifted into sleep.

*

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I stretched my hand out to my nightstand to grab it but instead I touch something hard. I opened my eyes slowly to see what it is and I saw Noah looking down at me smirking. I immediately jumped out of bed and screamed grabbing the comforter with me.

"Shh..." Noah silenced me.

"What shh? No fucking way! What did you do to me? Where am I? Why am I here? Why are you here? OMG, Did we..?!?!?!" I fireballed questions to him and checked under the comforter. I saw that I was in my bra and panties only.

"WHY AM I ONLY WEARING MY BRA AND PANTIES?!! WHAT TH -" Before I could finish my sentence, I felt a barf coming up from the pits of my stomach. Noah must have noticed this because his eyes widen and he quickly directs me to the bathroom. As soon as I saw the toilet bowl, I immediately empty my contents inside of it.

"Gosh, this is just embarrassing." I mumbled to myself. Never have I ever vomited in front of a stranger. I'm sure Noah will never let me live after this. As I sat there for another few moments to collect myself, I felt it coming up again and turned my head towards the toilet bowl. Noah just squatted beside me and rubbed my back in soothing motion. I looked up to him but his face was void with any emotion right now. He just stared down at me.