chapter 15

The light sneaking in from beneath the curtains shines across my face, waking me up.I attempt to sit up, but Hayden's weight makes it quite difficult. He has his arm wrapped tightly around my waist, pinning me down in place. I'm drenched in sweat from his excessive body heat. This whole situation feels weird. I'm not used to waking up next to someone else.

"Hayden, wake up, please" I beg, nudging him in the ribs.

A part of me longs for us to stay like this all day, but I know it's not realistic. Skylar can walk in at any minute, and we don't need that.I don't feel like explaining myself and my reasonings to her right now. It's nobody's business but mine. And honestly, after he brushed me off last night, my self-esteem isn't the greatest.

"Hayden, get up," I hiss even louder than before. I'm becoming more and more aggravated, thinking about his rejection. Who does he think he is? Does he think he's too good for me?He finally stirs a little, his eyes barely open.

"You're pretty annoying in the mornings. Did you know that?" he whines, pulling the pillow over his face.

"Shut up," I laugh, smashing the pillow further against his face. "You're not that pleasant either, by the way"

Using all my strength, I'm able to slide my body out from beneath his weight. His arm drops heavily back onto the bed with a dull thud.Slipping out of bed, I grab my shower caddy and a towel. He must be in a deep sleep. He doesn't even budge when I open the door.

Lucky for me there isn't anyone in here yet and I'm able to shower in privacy. Something that I have rarely gotten to experience since moving here. That's probably one of the few things I miss about being home.

The hot water feels amazing. My skin has pruned and wrinkled by the time I shut the water off. Today must be my lucky day. The shower room is still empty as I reach out to grab my towel. I swiftly dry off, wrapping myself up. I always have to use two towels. One for my body and one for my hair. I love not having to fight April for a towel anymore.

Surprisingly, I only pass two chatty petite brunettes on my way back to the dorm. They don't even glance in my direction when I pass them.

Hayden is sitting up on the end of the bed, stretching when I enter. Both of his arms lifted straight above his head. His inked bare chest flexes with each movement he makes while also twisting from side to side.I almost lose my grip on the towel as I catch sight of him. Even waking up in the morning, he is gorgeous.

His eyes open wide, catching sight of me standing half naked in the doorway.

"You know the drill, turn around," I warn him, shooting him a death glance. My fingers grasping the towel tighter around my damp body, before darting across the room.

"No, I know what you look like and I'm not turning around," he states firmly, sitting back on the bed. His body leaning against the headboard with his legs stretched out, folding his arms in front of him.

"You are such an ass, you know that?" I bark at him. To make sure he doesn't see me, I begin dressing under my towel. Without hesitating, I slide my underwear and pants on. Then fasten my bra on over the towel. The whole time watching the sour expression on his face. I wait for the right time to rip my towel away.Then swiftly throw my shirt on over my head before he's able to get a good look at me in the daylight.

"Here's your shirt," I say, bending down, grabbing his shirt and wadding it up into a ball.I try to be slick and toss it at his head, but he catches it in the air before it can hit him. Unwading it, he shakes the wrinkles out before sliding it over his head.