2

"What's your first class (Y/n)?" Kaitlyn asked. " My first class is math." you whispered. " Really? Me too! Thank goodness I have you now I won't be alone." she side hugged you. "What if the teacher doesn't know about my condition though?" your palms started to sweat thinking about all the thing your teacher would say if you didn't respond the first time. What if you got in trouble for not speaking? What would the other kids say? You started getting nervous with every thought. "Hey no don't worry (Y/n) i'm sure they know, and if they don't i'll just tell them." Kaitlyn reassured you, "O-ok" you started to calm down.

Maybe it won't be that bad....

......................................................................................

You were waiting outside the class fidgeting with your fingers hoping that your teacher would just introduce you and tell you where your seat was when you heard a male voice say, "Ok class I want to welcome a new student today, please treat her the same as everyone else, you can come in now." He said to you. You walked into the class and bowed. You looked around not making eye contact with anyone. "Now please introduce yourself." he said. You felt your heart stop and looked up at Kaitlyn sitting in the second row. You started sweating and your heart started pounding when you then heard Kaitlyns voice "Her name is (Y/- " Thank you Kaitlyn but your not (Y/n)" he interrupted her. "Now (Y/n) , please introduce yourself , he said again. You could feel your face heating up and your eyesight started going blurry from hot tears forming in your eyes. "But sir she-" Kaitlyn I need you stay quiet please." he interrupted again. That's when small tears started falling down your checks. Some kids looked at you with concern while others started giggling trying to hold their laughs in. Then you heard a boys voice
from the back of the class say " Can't you see she's uncomfortable?" You looked up to see a boy with pudding like hair looking up from what seems to be a Nintendo switch. "Excuse me Kozume?" the teacher said , "She is obviously uncomfortable shouldn't you help her and not just stand there?" The teacher seemed shocked for some reason but then nodded and smiled " I suppose your right Kozume , (Y/n) can I see you outside please?" Without looking up you walked outside into the hallway.

*Oh no did that really just happen?* you thought. You quickly wiped your tears when you heard the classroom door open again. The teacher walked up to you and said "I'm sorry (Y/n) I think we may have gone off on the wrong foot, i'm Mr.Himari and i'll be your math teacher this year." he said and took his hand out to shake yours, but you didn't shake it back, instead you looked at the ground and said nothing. He looked at you confused and tried talking to you again "(Y/n) are you alright?" he asked. Then at almost perfect timing Kaitlyn opened the door and stood in front of you looking towards Mr. Himari as if she is trying to barricade you from him. "I'm sorry sir but please let me speak." Kaitlyn says angrily "She has selective mutism and she won't speak to anyone except me and her sister!" she slightly shouted. His eyes slightly widened but quickly went back to normal. "I apologize I was not informed."
Mr. Himari looked towards you and bowed "I apologize ( Y/n) for making you uncomfortable I was not aware of your condition." You did nothing but look down at your feet and fidget with your hands.

A few minutes after Kaitlyn explained your condition to you guys teacher you three went back into class. "Everyone this (Y/n) (L/n) and she just transferred from (old school) and will be with us for the remaining of the year." he then looked at you and said "Please take a seat behind Kozume" and told him to raise his hand. You looked up and saw the same boy with pudding hair raising his hand. You walked to your seat and sat down.

-Time skip brought to you by Flattykawas non- existent behind-

As math ended and you walked outside of class waiting for Kaitlyn when you saw the same pudding haired boy staring at you as you walked out of class. You quickly looked away and stared at your feet. " Thanks for waiting!" you looked up and saw Kaitlyn in front of you with a smile. "Hey (Y/n) would you like to be manager of the boys volleyball team with me?" she asked. You looked at her a little surprised, " I don't know what if I mess up or they don't like me?" you said. "Don't worry if they mess with you i'll be sure to kick there ass!" she stated proudly. "And besides maybe you could make some new friends maybe even start talking to other people." It took you awhile but you finally agreed. "YAYYY!" she shouted you quickly covered her mouth. "Shhhh Kaitlyn" you whisper-shouted at her. "Oops sorry I got a little to exited."

-End of the day-

You and Kaitlyn walked to the gym to apply to be managers. As you two were walking a girl bumped into you and you fell to the ground. She giggled with her friends and walked away. Kaitlyn was about to say something when you grabbed her arm. "Hey its ok it was probably an accident" she hesitated but continued walking towards the gym with you. You both entered the gym and that's when....

A/n: Hey guys sorry it took so long for me to update. But I will try my best to update daily. This is the longest chapter i've ever written and i'm hoping that you enjoys reading them as much as I love writing them! 🥰