Torn and Berated(Virgil's Death)

Video version of this chapter ^
Paige is Virgil's dead name. Comment any questions or mistakes! Thank you for checking out my story!
*Jasmine is Mrs. Afton in this Au

TW: Transphobia, Death, abuse

Paige/Virgil POV

Date: December 9, 1980

Ages:
Paige:13
Mike:8
C.C.: newborn
Elizabeth: 3
William and Jasmine:??

I wake up tired. I turn to look towards my alarm clock and see that it is 8:00 A.M. I stayed up late last night guarding myself from the nightmares, and boy does it show. The few hours of sleep I get hardly make up for anything, and besides, I haven't had a good night of sleep in a long while, so I'm used to not getting enough and having to force myself through the day. I would tell my family but the only one that would believe me would be Mikey and I don't want to worry him.

He has enough on his plate. He keeps trying to gain William's attention, and while I would like to say that he could, my mind is mostly full of doubts. It has already settled in for me, I know he doesn't care much for me. But Mike is just a child, and he doesn't understand William very well just yet. As I wake up Mike I realize that today is Elizabeth's birthday party. I'm just lucky enough that her first birthday party landed on my birthday. I can't help but think that Father did this on purpose. After all, we can all tell who his favorites are.

I and Mike have never had a birthday party. A birthday party is the one thing I do wish for, and even then, I know it's not likely to happen. I was born when Dad was 17. I was most likely the product of a hookup but I was never told. The only time I ever saw my mother was one time when she came to visit me in a foster home. The only thing she said to me was that the world is a cruel place. Like I didn't already know that.

I came under Dad's care when I turned 6. The state didn't have another group home for me and when they looked into it they found out my father was married and financially stable enough to take me in. The only reason he excepted me was that Jasmine thought it would be okay but they weren't ready for kids. Not long after I was adopted into the family, Jasmine found out she was pregnant with Mike.

About 2 months ago I came out as trans to dad. He didn't take it very well. All it brought upon was more looks of disgust from him and Jasmine was too busy with Elizabeth and Chris to notice. Otherwise, I'm mostly ignored. My friend Damien and Mike are all I have. They are truly the only ones who care for me.

After breakfast, we all load up in the car on our way to Freddy Fazbear's for Elizabeth's birthday party. She is very noisy and squirmy in her car seat and I start to get annoyed. Why should her, a three-year-old, gain a birthday party, while neither I nor Mike has ever had one. She starts giggling and I realize that I can't hate her and none of this is her fault so I turn away from her towards the window. I just wish that Father would treat me and Mikey the same.

I slowly start to count cars and watch as we move down the street. I eventually space out...

Flashback

"Dad?" I whisper quietly

"What is it that you want Paige? I'm busy." He replies. He doesn't even look up as he does so, continuing to exam the papers on his desk.

"Can I talk to you about something?"

He stops moving and slowly looks up.

"Fine, but make it quick. I have much more important things J should be doing." He says as he rests back in his chair.